Paycheck in Bill & Income

For my paycheck I have it as an income reminder. Lately when I go into Projected Balances my check is missing and I'm going broke fast. If I go to Manage Bill/Income it will show with a zero balance. I can click edit and then save and it looks ok, until the next time.

Using Windows 11 Version R46.12 (subscription)

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Greg183 said:
    For my paycheck I have it as an income reminder. Lately when I go into Projected Balances my check is missing and I'm going broke fast. If I go to Manage Bill/Income it will show with a zero balance. I can click edit and then save and it looks ok, until the next time.

Using Windows 11 Version R46.12 (subscription)
    Hello @Greg183,   

We are sorry to hear about these problems with missing income reminders.  Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing that the Income Reminders are missing from your Register? Are you simply missing all transaction information in Projected Balances? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing in Projected Balances screen and the Manage Bill & Income Reminders window - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg183
    Greg183 Member
    The income reminder shows as zero.

The income reminder has an amount that goes to my primary checking account, savings account and a 2nd checking account. In the Projected balances in my primary checking account it is showing the amount going to my 2nd checking and shows it as going out.

It took me a few days to replicate the issue. Until today I was just going to the screen and it was ok. Today I did One Step Update and that is when the amount in the projected balances screen became incorrect. I just did the One Step update again and it went back to the -500. Then from the projected balances screen I click to edit this and all future transactions, clicked ok and the amount went back to normal. I tried a few variations and found if I only Synch TO Quicken Cloud when the screen shows Scheduled Transactions the balances screen in the back ground has the balances going down rather than up. I went into the app on my phone and in Bills & Income / Series the total shows correctly but in the Split section it is wrong. I did it without my checking account and without the cloud synch and it also changed to the wrong amount. So it seems to be an issue with one step update, but I can't seem to isolate it.

I have 5 screen shots. I redacted most of the info but I did keep the originals if you need to see more.
    The only action I took is clicking OK in the Edit Future Transactions Screen.
    01-ProjectedBalances - shows the projected balances going down and the paycheck showing -500
    02_BillIncomeReminders - Shows the amount is 0.
    03-EditFutureTransactions - Shows the transaction has amounts (I redacted the thousands)
    04_BillIncomeReminders - Shows the income reminder has the correct amount
    05-ProjectedBalances - shows the correct amount and the balances are going up instead of down.
    06_iPhone - first half of iPhone screen (redacted the thousands.
    07_iPhone - 2nd half of iPhone screen
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Greg183 - There is an issue with R46.12 that affects split categories.  You might want to review this thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20334417#Comment_20334417.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
  • Greg183
    Greg183 Member
    I have been having the issue for at least 4-5 months. I red several of the threads and it does not seem related.