After last update Income Reminders now only filter under the Manual bills?

I use the Bills & Income tab across the top frequently to make sure I pay bills that are due and check on future income. After the last Quicken software update I can no longer jump between Manual bills and Income reminders to filter these into their categories. The green icon is still next to the Income reminders, but they only show under Manual bills and there is nothing when I filter to Income reminders? I thought it may have been a change so I tried creating a new Income Reminder and it still only shows under Manual bills.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I use the Bills & Income tab across the top frequently to make sure I pay bills that are due and check on future income. After the last Quicken software update I can no longer jump between Manual bills and Income reminders to filter these into their categories. The green icon is still next to the Income reminders, but they only show under Manual bills and there is nothing when I filter to Income reminders? I thought it may have been a change so I tried creating a new Income Reminder and it still only shows under Manual bills.
    Hello @sldhmhill87,  

We are sorry about Income Reminders that only appear as Manual Bills. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sldhmhill87
    sldhmhill87 Member ✭✭
    You can see that the scheduled Income Reminders are not showing when filtered to Income Reminders, I did try adding a new one, but they still appear with the Manual Bills and Transfers. I like to filter these out so depending on the week I can focus on the Bills and not see future income and vice versa some time I want to focus on the Income planning. One newer features you added is seeing the Last Payment Information - date and amount. Please let me know if this is an issue with the last software update. I am currently managing about 70 accounts through Quicken and believe this is the best software on the market to manage personal finances. My Quicken last update was Version: R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12
  • Quicken Jared
    You can see that the scheduled Income Reminders are not showing when filtered to Income Reminders, I did try adding a new one, but they still appear with the Manual Bills and Transfers. I like to filter these out so depending on the week I can focus on the Bills and not see future income and vice versa some time I want to focus on the Income planning. One newer features you added is seeing the Last Payment Information - date and amount. Please let me know if this is an issue with the last software update. I am currently managing about 70 accounts through Quicken and believe this is the best software on the market to manage personal finances. My Quicken last update was Version: R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12
    Hello @sldhmhill87,   

Thanks so much for that helpful screenshot, and for letting me know more about what has been happening. We do apologize that this is continuing.

To begin, when did this issue emerge? Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sldhmhill87
    sldhmhill87 Member ✭✭
    This happened about a month ago when the update to Version: R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12 was pushed to me. I do have back-up and will test this out and let you know.
  • sldhmhill87
    sldhmhill87 Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Opened 3 back-up files and all have the same issue, so I believe is related to the code in the last update to Quicken that caused the issue. I did notice this last update corrected one issue I was having with my Investment Accounts after downloads where the reconcile window was coming up and asked for cash balances had no text in it, but I could see the buttons and knew which one to push.
  • Quicken Jared
    Opened 3 back-up files and all have the same issue, so I believe is related to the code in the last update to Quicken that caused the issue. I did notice this last update corrected one issue I was having with my Investment Accounts after downloads where the reconcile window was coming up and asked for cash balances had no text in it, but I could see the buttons and knew which one to push.
    Hello @sldhmhill87,  

Thanks for getting back to me about this, and for letting me know about the steps you have taken and your results. 

At this point, I recommend saving another backup, then proceeding through the instructions provided below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

• Navigate to File
      • Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
      • Select Super Validate File
      • Click OK
      • Close the Data Log
      • Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
      • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear about how this works for you, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sldhmhill87
    sldhmhill87 Member ✭✭
    Also I see in the Version Notes: it was supposed to correct issues displaying paid bills and deposits received on the "Bills & Income" Tab. This was when the issue showed up. I think the other Jan 2023 update R46.9 fixed the investment reconciliation issue. These 2 version were both made this month and I remember them coming quickly back to back.
  • sldhmhill87
    sldhmhill87 Member ✭✭
    I tried your instructions above to validate the file no luck. On a whim I started a who new Quicken File with no data and added A manual bill reminder and income reminder and it still has the issue. All Quicken files I have and I tried back-ups from 1,2,6 & 12 months ago all had this issue, so I am now convinced it is in the Revision Level not any of the Quicken Data Files I have created. I will live with it until Quicken can fix it, hopeful in the next update. Thanks.