USAA direct connect trying to add unknown cc, not the new one
Don Richmond Member ✭✭
edited March 10 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
USAA was working fine with direct connect until last week. Reported a cc lost, USAA stopped access to that card and mailed me a new card. Got the new card and when I try to do a link for my accounts, it does not see the new card....only sees a :signature Visa xx1606 which is not the last 4 digits of the new card. Called USAA and no help. Tried to do a reset to get new access ID and access pin for direct connection. Nothing works. Quicken only sees card xx1606, whatever that is...but it is not my new cc.
Hello @Don Richmond,
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the USAA account(s) to see if the new credit card appears. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
- Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
- Select New Quicken File.
- Click OK.
- In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file.
Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
- Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt.
- Select to not use Mobile.
- Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file.
Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.
This discussion has been closed.