Duplicate downloads

D Vomacka
D Vomacka Member ✭✭
Quicken automatically downloads some (not all) payments from my bank into the Quicken register that duplicate payments I manually entered into the register. If I delete the duplicates in Quicken, the payment is deleted (and not paid) from my bank. I thought this was due to the issue with 5/3rd Bank but discover that it is not. How do I return to the previous, working, version of Quicken?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    D Vomacka said:
    Quicken automatically downloads some (not all) payments from my bank into the Quicken register that duplicate payments I manually entered into the register. If I delete the duplicates in Quicken, the payment is deleted (and not paid) from my bank. I thought this was due to the issue with 5/3rd Bank but discover that it is not. How do I return to the previous, working, version of Quicken?
    Hello @D Vomacka,   

We are sorry about this problem with duplicate transactions, and transactions that get deleted from the software, as well as the bank. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are all of the affected accounts associated with Five-Third? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

Additionally, you may try making sure that the Downloaded ID Column is enabled in your Register. To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Click on the Register Columns gear icon at the top right of the account register.

Quicken for Windows Downloads Transactions That Are Duplicates of Existing Register Entries

1. Place a checkmark next to Downloaded ID, then click Done. (If you use Two-Line Display, you will need to select Downloaded ID and Downloaded reference)

Quicken for Windows Downloads Transactions That Are Duplicates of Existing Register Entries

1. Review the Downloaded ID. This is the unique identifier for each downloaded transaction. It is used by Quicken to determine which transactions have been downloaded and which ones need to be downloaded.
    You can read more about this in the Support Article linked here.

I look forward to any future correspondence you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.