Past Transactions Re-Writing Themselves

vuwildcat07
vuwildcat07 Windows Beta Beta
I have my paycheck set up to automatically enter in Quicken.  It's set up in my checking account but I have a $500 deposit into my savings account included in the detail.  All of a sudden, a lot of these past $500 deposits in the savings account are showing up as $3,500 or $6,500.  When I go into the original transaction in the checking account, it still shows $500 and the amount corrects in the savings account if I re-submit the transaction.  This is going back months and just happened today when I opened Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @vuwildcat07,   

We are sorry about this problem with changing transaction information. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Could you try restoring from a backup saved prior to this morning?  We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

Also,  where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

Let us know more about this, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.