Account balance incorrect after windows/desktop cloud sync with web

Mobile sync not working correctly - balances do not match and are not correct. completely changes data.
After adding an account from Quicken windows desktop to the cloud I receive the following incorrect results:
- Register has incorrect balance
- Current balance at bottom of register matches the incorrect balance in register
- However Left side ledger has correct account balance
- Web version has correct balance
- Online balance at bottom of register is correct
When attempting to resync after seeing incorrect amounts ALL balances change and increase in amount and continue to be incorrect
When attempting to correct online balance by syncing with bank it increases and does not match online balance with bank
Steps taken in attempt to resolve with no success
- confirmed data files match (window/desktop and web)
- confirmed reminders are set to "Dont show reminders"
- confirmed "opening balance" amount in register prior to sync with cloud. After sync the opening balance is not changed
- restored windows/desktop data from backup
- to limit the amount of data getting sync with cloud I have set cloud sync to just this single account that has the issue
- ran through the sync again and had same results
- attempting a third time and same results.
Any suggestions?? Thanks


  • In addition to restoring the windows/desktop dataset from backup, I reset all cloud data prior to trying mobile sync a second time when attempting to resolve.
  • Hello @John Vollmann,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

    I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

    First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

    After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

    Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

    I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Running file validate and repair resolved the issue. Thanks
  • Hello @John Vollmann,

    Thanks for reaching back out to update us.

    I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Back to having same issue. After resolving the issue with the one account, I started to add accounts back into mobile sync one at a time and balances are back to incorrect results. I have been added one at a time, running mobile sync to make sure no issues, then moving on to add another account. When adding an additional account, the accounts previously added successfully are now displaying incorrect amounts. My plan is to restore from back up and scrap mobile and web sync.
This discussion has been closed.