System Freezes When Setting up AMX [American Express]

Krissy Gentry
Krissy Gentry Member ✭✭
Good day -- I went to reset my AMX connection, that had been working fine until that date, last week and when I click on "setup online" Quicken completely freezes and I have to shut down through the Operations tab as I am unable to move my curser around. My other AMX cards work fine and I did not have to reset them up. Why is my system all of a sudden freezing when I try to simply set up?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Good day -- I went to reset my AMX connection, that had been working fine until that date, last week and when I click on "setup online" Quicken completely freezes and I have to shut down through the Operations tab as I am unable to move my curser around. My other AMX cards work fine and I did not have to reset them up. Why is my system all of a sudden freezing when I try to simply set up?
    Hello @Krissy Gentry,   

We are sorry about this problem with freezing and crashing. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this issue in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmEx (American Express) is in the process of updating their systems from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect+", for improved security, as they say.
    Please deactivate all your AmEx credit card accounts in Quicken, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated for downloading.
    When done deactivating all accounts use the "Add Accounts" process ("+" icon in the Accounts Sidebar title) to reactivate the accounts. Be sure to correctly LINK all accounts found at the website to the already existing account registers in Quicken. If not done correctly you will end up with duplicate account registers.
  • skbrad
    skbrad Member ✭✭
    My Quicken freezes every time I authorize AMEX or Schwab and I have to use task manager to close program......neither account will download on EWC+ or anything even though the authorization went fine.
  • skbrad
    skbrad Member ✭✭
    Your EWC+ DOES NOT WORK FOR AMEX OR SCHWAB EVEN THOUGH THE AUTHROIZATION GOES FINE