Citibank cards error 502

I have seen several discussion on issues with Citibank cards getting error 502. I am also getting this error that indicates a problem with the Citibank site which is not the case. I can log in fine to the Citibank site and access account information. I have also went through the process to authorize access for third party apps but continue to get an error 502 trying to connect. This was working and suddenly stopped.

I created a brand new Quickent file and received the same error with it.

I see there was some comments from Quickent about a “fix in progress” from January. Can someone at Quicken come clean on what the actual problem is and when it will be fixed? Is it a programming issue, negotiations with how much you have to pay Citibank? what gives?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Network Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is still a known issue that is caused by a throttling issue and has been escalated internally, though unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on resolution. While this investigation remains ongoing, any and all available updates and information will be posted in this Community Alert as they become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
  • MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭

@Network Guy, this specific issue between Citi and Quicken is about to celebrate its one-year anniversary (May 2022 I believe is the 1st report I've seen; I've been experiencing it since June). Friend “Quicken Jasmine” used to send out weekly (email) status updates (although the report was always “…still investigating…”, “…no estimated time to complete…”, etc.), but I haven't received one since end of January, so I'm guessing even she's gotten frustrated with the problem or has been directed to no longer post the status. My personal opinion is that this is not a specific hardware or software issue that can't be remedied, but rather a business disagreement between Quicken and Citi about access, protocols or the like, and both are opting for stubbornness to help their customers.