How do I get rid of "Your last online session was not completed"?

CL
CL Member ✭✭

Very little info on this. The info I have seen were taken care of by (a) magic, the problem miraculously went away and (b) resetting the account.

I have reset my account several times in a row. Each time I successfully log into my financial account and Quicken updates. But when I try to close Quicken, this message still pops up.

How do I get rid of this message?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @CL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CL
    CL Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, neither of those validations helped. Every time I try to connect I get "An error has occurred". Every time I reset the account under online services, I still get the connection error.
  • njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I have a fidelity netbenefits account the the current version of quicken for windows R48.8 doesn't download any activities. This caused a fail notification of the online request. How do I get rid of that notification? Each time i open or shutdown Quicken it asks if i want to retry. i looks like netbenefits doesn't send anything out for the first quarter and the current version of Quicken doesn't know what to do with the response it get so it errors out. Any suggestion?
    Thanks
    Nor
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭

I have the same problem. Looks like Fidelity NetBenefits has stopped working with Quicken for a lot of people this week.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023

Hello @CL,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Next, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.
    Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• CL
    CL Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the continued help. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I signed out as you indicated and then closed Quicken completely. I reopened Quicken and signed in. I am still getting the message aoout the last online session not being completed.
  • njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    So is anyone in quicken support looking at this? Their help says to contact Fidelity but it looks like something changed either on fidelity's side or quicken. I tried calling Fidelity but got nowhere with them.
  • Bob H
    Bob H Member ✭✭
    It is on the alert page that Fidelity is broken, no ETA to fix
  • CL
    CL Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Bob. I didn't know about that alert page. (I found it.) I'll keep an eye out there.
  • njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    OK That's all well and good. So How do I get rid of the annoying notification?
  • njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    I also tried the log out and back in but no help still get the message.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• falaniz
    falaniz Member

I have contacted Quicken and they are aware of the problem with NetBenefits. They had me go through the "Help > Report a problem" steps to submit my problem and told me there is no ETA for the issue. It could take days or weeks! Not thrilled about the response but it is what it is and will try to be patient! They did give me a case # and told me I would get an email when the problem is resolved.

• njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    I can accept that there is a problem connecting to Net Benefits. What annoys me is the persistent message asking if I want to retry the failed connection to Net Benefits. When I say NO it doesn't retry but when I go to quit Q it asks again and then again when I open it. Why didn't the programmer clear the failed connection flag when I entered NO? The next time I do an up date it should tell me that it failed. I'm good with that.
  • Ditto… same annoying issue. I don't understand why Quicken cannot eliminate the error message… ESPECIALLY if I remove Netbenefits from the update for several weeks / months until it gets sorted out.

I get the message 3-4 times each time I use Quicken… startup / downloads / backup / close. I will "Help > Report a problem" as suggested to make Quicken priortize.

• CL
    CL Member ✭✭
    After installing a Quicken update tonight, my NetBenefits problem is fixed. Version R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15
  • jammerdjc
    jammerdjc Member ✭✭
    Earlier today I was getting an error after disabling and then re-enabling online services. It now looks like it may be working though. I am running R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15. Perhaps this afternoon was a different glitch that is gone.
  • This issue with NetBenefits just resolved itself for me week of 26March2023. No action taken on my part. I can only assume Fidelity adjusted something.
This discussion has been closed.