Ongoing Citi CC-502 Error

Options
Rob B
Rob B Member ✭✭
The Citi CC-502 error has been going on for MONTHS, and I still cannot connect my Citi credit card accounts to Quicken. When will this be resolved?

Comments

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭
    Options

This actually just started for me a week ago, but I can only refer back to a Community link that hasn't gotten updated in 3 months. Asinine.

• fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been getting the same CC-502 error as well. Started around the end of March or beginning of April.
  • Jim63
    Jim63 Member
    Options

Mine was working connecting to Citibank snd Pulling transactions and on 4/5 I started getting the error. It is like the key that it uses expired and did not renew automatically.

• 20RocketMoxie
    Options

CC-502 message started and downloads stopped early April 2023 after Citi required me to change/update my password.

• billglover2632
    Options

Citi card transactions not downloading. Can't change to "Express Connect"

It's time for my Quicken subscription to renew. If it doesn't work, why should I ?

• Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same problem with one step update CC-502 error. On going for more than a month. Previous chat session #10147028.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced. This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert for any updates and to know when the issue has been resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Also, if you are having trouble getting your Citi credit cards to connect, this FAQ may help.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom A
    Tom A Member ✭✭
    Options
    Transactions are downloading without a 502 error. However, the online balance in Quicken is showing an amount far less than the real balance shown on the Citi web page and app.
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Tom A said:
    > Transactions are downloading without a 502 error. However, the online balance in Quicken is showing an amount far less than the real balance shown on the Citi web page and app.

I would attribute that to missing transactions. Compare your on-line monthlies to the transactions in Quicken; if any are missing it probably thinks they have already been sent and doesn't need to send them any more. If you find this is the case, you'll have to enter them by hand. (I surmise, from experience.)
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My last transaction that downloaded was on March 28; I have been getting CC-502 ever since. The FAQ says NOT to deactivate/reactivate, which has worked on accounts that have failed to download transactions WITHOUT showing an error. So for now, since I am getting CC-502, I am not trying this.
  • JBL in AZ
    JBL in AZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, . . . Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert for any updates and to know when the issue has been resolved. . . .

This bookmarked "alert" was last updated over two months ago, on January 30.

>
    > Also, if you are having trouble getting your Citi credit cards to connect, this FAQ may help.

This is about going back to Direct Connect and is from nearly three years ago (though it was apparently last edited a month ago - just sayin').
  • Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still getting the error A/O 4/17
  • Manolis
    Manolis Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the CC-502 too while trying to update transactions from Citi credit card. It has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

• JBH
    JBH Member ✭✭
    Options

What finally worked for me was…..Log into your Citi Account, click on Profile then in the dropdown click more settings, manage desktop apps, then click on add access. You will then have 10 minutes to go to Quicken, open your Citi account, click on the settings icon, then Online Services, and Reset your Account. Follow the instructions then make sure you link it to your existing account that is already in Quicken.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR QUICKEN DATA BEFORE YOU DO THIS!! If you happen to mess up somewhere, at least your data will be protected. Worst case senerio would be to reinstall Quicken if you really mess up badly and then use your backup to get you back to square one. If you are not comfortable or familiar with the setting in Quicken, call support. At least you will know how to allow access in Citi Bank.

• robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @JBH said:
    > What finally worked for me was…..Log into your Citi Account, click on Profile then in the dropdown click more settings, manage desktop apps, then click on add access. You will then have 10 minutes to go to Quicken, open your Citi account, click on the settings icon, then Online Services, and Reset your Account. Follow the instructions then make sure you link it to your existing account that is already in Quicken.

This resolved my issue entirely. Thank you for this.
  • Coldstreamponder
    Options

Thank you for figuring this out. Worked like a charm!

• jc4mee
    jc4mee Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Manolis
    Manolis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! It worked for me too when I followed your steps.

• Rob B
    Rob B Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I've repeatedly allowed Citi access, and confirmed with Citi that Quicken access has been granted. This issue has been ongoing since last fall and is extremely frustrating. @quicken Kristina, please help [Edited - Readability].

• Rob B
    Rob B Member ✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE
    After six months and hours on the phone with both Citi and Quicken, I was finally able to reconnect the accounts. I had to change my Citi username and password, then reconnect to Citi (after allowing access as described by others on this page), and finally... it worked! Good luck to any of you experiencing the same issue
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad to hear it is working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    With the number of users having this problem and this being a known issue, I think it would be appropriate for Quicken to release a proven procedure to resolve the issue rather that all of this "shotguning"
  • clokeefe
    clokeefe Member ✭✭
    Options

I have found that Quicken will update if I turn off 2FA. When I turn 2FA back on and go through the Citi process to authorize Quicken again I cannot update Quicken. When I turn off 2FA again I can again update.

Are Quicken and Citi trying to correct this issue and allow updating with 2FA?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @clokeefe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. It is a known issue that our teams are working on, though we do not have an ETA. You can bookmark this Community Alert to receive updates when available and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, please make sure you are signed into the Community.

If you have credit cards issued through Citi, one thing that should allow you to bypass having to toggle 2FA is connecting via Direct Connect. To do that, you would first backup your file, then deactivate the affected account(s). Once that is done, reconnect your account(s) by going to Tools>Add Account, select Citi Cards, click the Advanced Options link, choose Direct Connect, and follow the prompts.

You can find more information on connecting to Citi via Direct Connect using this FAQ.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jimal
    Jimal Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since the admins here seem to very carefully cultivate the comments, I cannot update the previous threads relating to this issue, so I will share here that this morning, for the first time since mid-December, I was able to reconnect Quicken to my Citi credit card account and download transactions. Not sure when they solved whatever problem they were having, but I decided to make another random attempt to connect the two and this time it worked. I did not have to log into my Citi account and authorize Quicken, as was suggested by both Citi and Quicken Support (in fact, none of the suggestions from either Quicken Support or the Quicken Community solved the problem), it just worked.
  • TkPk
    TkPk Member
    Options

Thanks for this. I was about to do the same, but a shortcut worked for me: I did the "Add Access" part on the Citi site, but then just went to Quicken Desktop and updated my accounts per usual. Citi downloaded just fine then.

• BrianSF624
    BrianSF624 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This entirely resolved my issue. Thank you.
  • Tom A
    Tom A Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Rant]

This discussion has been closed.