Cloud Sync Online to Desktop Not Working

Options

My husband and I use the app.quicken.com online to update and categorize our transactions. I download the transactions to the desktop, then sycn, then use the website for updates, then re-sync to the desktop. I then use the Desktop version to run reports for budgeting and taxes. When I run the sync (Dekstop verion > Mobile & Web > Cloud Sync) it's hit or miss if the updates we've made online sync back to the desktop version. I recently spent several hours going back through specific transations on Amazon, Paypal & Venmo to ensure each transaction was categorized only to discover than about 5% of the updates are syncing to the desktop AND for all the others that didn't sync, the desktop version with blank categories overwrote the web version wiping out all of my work! This has happened several times over the past few months and with tax day looming I have to redo all the work AGAIN! I'm VERY frustrated!! Why is this happening? Help!

Answers

• sbbjjmom
    sbbjjmom Member
    Options

We also discovered many missing transactions on the web version that are on the desktop version, and no amount of syncing will get the transactions to load.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @sbbjjmom,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sbbjjmom
    sbbjjmom Member
    Options

I'm having sync issues between the online and desktop version. Support desk says the only option is to reset the web data. The problem with this solution is many hours of lost work because I didn't realize that I only had partial data in the online version before starting update. I ran the sync, spot checked a handful of changes from the desktop, saw they were appearing in the web app, and then proceeded to make the remaining changes in the web app…only to discover later that not all of the transactions had uploaded! I need a way to force at last one direction of a sync…or manually export the transactions from the online app in a format that can be uploaded to the desktop version in order to force the updates before I reset to fix the sync issue. This is the third time it's happened where some transactions are missing from online after syncing and/or updates made online don't sync back to the desktop version. This has caused countless hours of unnecessary rework! There needs to be a workaround to save data before resetting to fix sync issues OR better QA to reduce sync errors so this isn't necessary.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm guessing that you are doing all of this from a computer or tablet that is not the desktop computer that Quicken is installed on.

I'd like to suggest that you do all of your work directly in Quicken, but using remote access software on the non-Quicken computer to connect to the Quicken computer and do your work remotely. There are lots of third party programs that allow you to connect and control a remote computer as if you were sitting in front of it. Working this way, you know for sure that all of your work will be saved in the desktop Quicken data file since it does NOT require the sync process between mobile and desktop to work reliably.

You can still use Q-Web and QMobile to peruse through the transactions, you just wouldn't use them for entry or changes.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So Q-Web and Q-Mobile isn't reliable, yet?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For some, it works as advertised, for others, it is a mess. A user won't know until they have tried it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.