budget report does not display spending progress (Q Web)

Options

As of approximately 4/27/23, the mobile app can no longer track how much I've spent in my budgeted categories. The budget report displays how much i've budgeted for each category, but the "spent to date" is $0. When I click on any category, it displays the list of transactions logged, so I know the data is there. It's just not displayed in the budget report.

This feature works (sort of) on the desktop app. I have reset my cloud data multiple times. I even deleted my cloud data and rebuilt it from scratch. No improvement. Tracking spending on my mobile phone is the most important feature in all of quicken for me. This customer will be gone if this feature cannot work correctly and consistently.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Scoop68,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Would you be willing to provide screenshots of what is happening (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ (Windows) or this Community FAQ (Mac) for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scoop68
    Scoop68 Member
    Options

Thank you, @Quicken Kristina. I appreciate your help. I'm attaching screenshots from the web app (app.quicken.com, Version: 1.17.0 (340/2c26ddffa - 4/28/2023, 2:58 AM), which is having the same issue.

Screenshot #1: From last month. My spending goals are correct, but on every category it indicates I haven't spent anything yet.

Screenshot #2. I've clicked on "Auto & Transport", then "Gas & Fuel". Note that it correctly lists the transactions in this category, but at the top it incorrectly indicates I haven't spent anything yet.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is this happening only in April, or are the other months displaying the same way? Since you have already reset the cloud, the next step would be to log out of your Quicken, then log back in again. To log out, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click on the blue link that says Sign in as a different user.

Type "yes" in the textbox when the confirmation window comes up, then click the Sign Out button. It will log you out and take you back to a sign in screen. Before signing back in, close out of Quicken, and leave the program closed for at least 5 seconds. Then reopen the program. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in and sync to the cloud. Check Quicken on the Web to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Charles JR
    Charles JR Member
    Options

Same issue. Followed all steps, no resolution. Hopefully Quicken comes out with a fix because I agree with Scoop68, this is the most important feature for me. Maybe with Quickens new Simplifi App this desktop companion is being left behind?

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    Options
    same problem. feature critical for matrimony. please update this thread.
  • Quicken Kristina
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.
    (CTP-6291)

Quicken Kristina

• starr.ryan
    starr.ryan Member
    Options

Has there been an update to this issue? I'm still not able to see the budget information from the web or mobile app.

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I also let them know on another thread this is not working. The budget transactions are listed but not being collected into amounts in the summary.
    To answer the question above, ALL months are affected. All show 0 of $x,xxx for the summary amount.
  • cauthier
    cauthier Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also having the same issue, any updates?

• MsMaryMack
    MsMaryMack Member
    Options

I am also having this issue

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just sent a report with files attached.
  • katechoux
    katechoux Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. Is there any resolution?

• Matt_M
    Matt_M Member
    Options

Waiting for a fix . . .

• cauthier
    cauthier Member ✭✭
    Options

Anyone there? This is the main reason for purchasing/subscribbing to this service. It's been like this for half a month! :/

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While you're waiting for the programmers to fix this issue, may I suggest you use the equivalent Budget functions in Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac to review your data?

• ptrckcllns
    ptrckcllns Member
    Options

Same issue here. This is definitely a very important part of the software. It's the same way on the mobile app.

• Manny1611
    Manny1611 Member
    Options

What is going on here? I do not see a response to this issue. I am tired of Quicken continuing to have issues. I pay for a service and expect a working product.

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So the patch released this morning didn't fix this issue? I reset the cloud and no change. This needs to be fixed asap!
This discussion has been closed.