Hide Bill and Income Reminders at bottom [of investment account register, Q Win]

Options
This morning all my Investment Accounts open up with 'Bill and Income Reminders" "Placeholder Entries" at the bottom of the register. You can click the caret on the side to minimize but not make it go away totally. This wastes space on my small laptop screen.

Any ideas on how to turn off this unwanted / unneeded 'feature' in order to get back the maximum number of register entries displayed?
0 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is not a new feature. It has been there for years. What causes it to be present in investment accounts is when Placeholders have been created or for any account type when there are Bill/Income/Transfer Reminders created for them.

Your picture shows tabs for "Bill and Income Reminders" and for "Placeholder Entries". There is a third tab that will also show up for "Downloaded Transactions" and this will be present when the account is set up for downloading transactions.

The only way I know of to eliminate it in the registers is to:

• Placeholders (in investment accounts): Resolve all entries and then delete them.
    • Bill & Income Reminders: Delete the Reminders for the accounts in question.
    • Downloaded Transactions: Deactivate the account.

The only other option, to my understanding, is to minimize that feature below the registers as you mentioned. Usually (not always) when the feature has been minimized Quicken will remember it so when you open the file the next time it will usually still be minimized.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• doughmann
    doughmann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Boatnmaniac, thank you for the prompt response. Understand your explanation but something else is going on. I have 11 Investment accounts and they all started showing the Bill Reminder today. I do use Bill and Transfer Reminders but only in my Checking (Banking) account. No Reminders in any Investment accounts. What's interesting is the Checking account Reminders I do have are not triggering the "Bill Reminders" notification at the bottom of the register. Other thoughts?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@doughmann - I see your last post crossed an update I made to my previous post. My update was to add that there is another tab that will show up under the register: Downloaded Transactions. This will show up for any account with a register that is set up for downloading. Deactivating the download function for the account will remove that tab but I rather doubt that is something you would want to do.

I don't know why you were not seeing those tabs below the registers before because that function has been present for many years (in fact, I can't remember when it was not there).

Did you recently update your version of Quicken? If so, do you remember what version you had previously when you were not seeing these tabs?

Or did you perhaps change your Windows display settings? I know this can sometimes happen inadvertently without you even knowing it. You could try playing with the settings to see if it restores the view you are used to.

Other than these things I'm kind of at a loss.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• doughmann
    doughmann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Currently running Version R49.29, Build 27.1..49.29. Not sure if this change in behavior is due to this iteration of the SW since updates seem to get pushed every few weeks. Since switching to the subscription service years ago, I just install the update when prompted.

I do not use the downloading feature for any of the accounts. I am a dinosaur from the Quicken DOS days and have come to appreciate the insight that comes from keying data.

Thanks for offing suggestions. I will try adjusting settings or resign myself to living with it.