Export/Import Data

Options
k_man81
k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Backups and File Conversions

Similar to other ideas, I have a questionable data file that has too much data to want to start from scratch. Would be great to be able to just do export/import functionality to be able to eliminate and/or identify any corruption and fix it.

I just did a "super validation" a few days ago, and my file grew by 6 MB. Which just screams to me that the data is corrupted.

If not doing this, making the data file easily human parsable might be helpful, too. Even if I had to manually set up all of my account downloads again - JUST that overhead would be tolerable if it allowed me to streamline and optimize my data file.

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no way of confirming this, but I have heard that if you go to File > Copy or backup and create a copy of your data file, it will copy your transactions and other data to the new file while rebuilding the tables, indexes, etc. This may help with some corruption that Validate and Super Validate are not able to fix. You will need to re-connect your accounts for downloading as well as any online billers, Bill Manager services, etc.

Please let us know if this fixes whatever issues you are seeing.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would be great to be able to just do export/import functionality to be able to eliminate and/or identify any corruption and fix it.

That would be great. In fact, I asked for this capability years ago for the same reason. Quicken will never provide it.

Right now, it is incredibly difficult to import Quicken data into any competing personal finance application. Quicken will not make it easier.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.