Dashboard Widget (for quick data entry of transactions on the Mac)

Options
Adamesq
Adamesq Member ✭✭

It's been years since Quicken eliminated the widget that let users quickly add a transaction without having to launch Quicken, navigate to the account, hit + and add, then quit the app. (I think it may have been called QuickAdd.) It saved users TIME…the most valuable resource we have. I want this feature back. It should be able to be implemented as a widget. I'd happily pay a few extra dollars to have it! The Quicken team is constantly updating the app, but this BIG feature would save me TIME…THAT is what I want back! I know it worked in Quicken 2007. Here we are in 2023 without it!?

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Adamesq,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In today's day and age of ever smarter cellphones, wouldn't the Quicken Mobile app for smartphones be the place to go to if you want to quickly enter a simple transaction before you forget about it?

"Siri, record in Quicken: $12.50 cash spent at BestBurgers."

Being too old-fashioned, I don't use Q Mobile myself, but I could think of it as the app to use for those purposes.
    I still remember the old Pocket Quicken app for Palm Pilots in the early 2000s. Oh, what a life- and time-saver that was!

As to creating a front-end app for the Mac … the same kind of front-end would come handy for Windows, too.

• Adamesq
    Adamesq Member ✭✭
    Options

I would say both should be available. @UKR. However, I think you answered your own question. Some of us just don't want to use the Quicken Mobile App. In this case, I'm usually in front of my computer, so switching into my cell phone, launching QuickTime and entering there is just inefficient.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Adamesq In case you're not aware, part of the infrastructure for the Quicken mobile app also includes Quicken on the web. If you have it enabled, you can use any browser on any platform to log into your Quicken data to make quick entries. (I personally don't use any of the Quicken Cloud features, even though there are times I would welcome this capability, because I've seen too many problems users have with syncing issues between the desktop and Cloud data.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993