Reports: Add ability to have "Payer" column in summary report

Options
oc_steven
oc_steven Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

I want to create a summary report of interest income and see how much interest is earned by each PAYER.

— Currently, I can set the column to "Account", but I often have multiple accounts for each Payer. For example, I might have a checking account, a savings account, and severals CDs with Bank of America. Too many columns!

— Currently, I can set the column to "Payee". This is not useful at all. I am always the Payee!

This is useful in helping me get the information that I would enter on my Schedule B tax form. One amount for each Payer, not an amount for every Account.

I also do know about the Schedule B tax report, but it groups by Payee and then Account. Again, Payee is not useful, I would like to see Payer instead.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's kind of how I have my 1099 report set up. But I have columns for the Interest. The Accounts are listed down the left side. I made sub categories under INT for accounts I want to combine. Make the columns by category and the row by account. You should try to match up to the actual 1099 INT forms you get. Some banks combine all the accounts and some don't. Most can go under the main INT category but some I sub categorize to match the 1099. Or however you want to list them on schedule B.

INT
    —-B/A
    —-G1 Joint (credit union)
    —-G1 Husband
    etc.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

OK doing that screen shot for you made me think to update my Interest Categories since I changed my Accounts around. Here is my current Interest report. It fits on one page landscape. I can break my interest out by payer/bank by making Interest subcategories for each bank. Then hopefully the column total will match the 1099INT from the bank.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• oc_steven
    oc_steven Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I really don't want to create separate interest categories for each bank just to force my report to appear a certain way. That's a lot of work. I'd rather just have the ability to group or sum by payer in the report.