Remember trusted computer don't prompt for login & remember startup window size preferences [Edited]

Options
Mike26C
Mike26C Member
edited October 2023 in Display/UI

Why not remember a trusted computer and for go the constant re-login. Also I am getting tired of needing to resize my statup window regularly (store my preferences in a file and start up by reading the file!!!)

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is this for the desktop Quicken software -
    as all those items are stored in the local QUSER.INI file and work fine…

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Config\QUSER.ini 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Allan Richardson
    Options

Usually they work fine, but a few times (I blamed it on a Windows restart at the time, but am not sure Windows did get restarted on those occasions) the Quicken window opened at a small default size, and I had to resize it by hand.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can tell you one situation that Quicken doesn't handle correctly.

Size the Quicken Windows to something other than max, now maximize it and close it.

Now open Quicken it comes up maximized as expected, but if you select the button to restore down, it won't change size because it is saving the maximized size instead of doing the right thing an only storing the reduced windows size you were using before maximizing.

Since I always run in maximized mode I don't usually care about the above problem, and I'm also not in a position to judge if sometimes Quicken loses the sizing information for a non-maximized use case.

On this one:

Why not remember a trusted computer and for go the constant re-login.

Exactly what login are you referring to?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/