Need for more custom Asset Classes in Asset Allocation - by Industry/Sector (edit)

Options
Doug12
Doug12 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments

Hi Quicken:

I'm retired and use quicken to manage my investment portfolio of 60 different stocks. I allocate my investments using the eleven S&P 500 main sectors (i.e. Technology, Healthcare, Energy etc.) plus foreign stocks. You currently only offer 10 Custom Asset Classes, so I can not create a full picture of my targeted allocations.

It would be helpful if you added more Custom Asset Classes or (better yet) add S&P sector membership to the downloadable information so investors can build an asset allocation view based off of the S&P 500 sectors and custom asset cases like foreign, this would make it faster and easier to identify imbalances and aid in identifying areas that need reallocation.

Thanks !

Doug Duncan

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If all of your holdings are individual stocks and not funds or ETFs, you might consider using the "Investing Goal" to classify your securities rather than the asset class.

Alternatively, please see this discussion about the Industry field

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

interesting topic - had not thought about allocations by "sector" -
    and the Security Detail does indeed have the industry,
    but don't really see it avail other than the "performance" report info for Recent/History -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

custom asset cases like foreign

There is already an asset class for "foreign" stocks, QWin calls it "International Stocks".

But I voted for this because small, hard-coded limits annoy me in general.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.