Creating custom user default report formats.

Options
TPerk
TPerk Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports

Win 11 - latest version Q subscription, latest version.

Old Topic but cannot find any current open discussions.

It seems that creating one's own default report formats (columns displayed, column sizes, report/ window size and position etc.) would be VERY helpful. Doing it should be easy, but as far as I can tell, there is no way to do it. Cannot hardly believe that Quicken does not provide this. Users have been asking for it for many years. I spend a huge amount of time changing the format from the Quicken default with all of its columns that I don’t want to see.

Specific Example - Open Reports, Banking, Cash Flow. Now click on any line to get more details. Now, in order to use the newly opened report, columns must be widened and/or eliminated. Entire window needs re-sizing and usually needs moving…and so forth to create a professional looking usable report.

Maybe BEFORE displaying the report, Quicken should ask user which of his CUSTOM formats should be used and then Quicken should remember the format for future uses in same type of reports. User should also be able to open a report and THEN change the format to another custom format.

Quicken has so many other good features, why not this? This seems like it should be a basic feature. If you agree with this, in order to get Quicken’s attention, please “upvote” this post.

Tom P In Sunny Virginia Beach, Va
Q Win Premier Sub
3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @TPerk,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I changed your post to an Idea so other users with the same or similar requests can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Our Development and Product teams also review ideas to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jasmine,

Thank You for your guidance

Q Win Premier Sub
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I think the reason Quicken does not permit you to modify the default main reports is so that there will always be a known starting point for customizing the reports. If you want to use a customized default report as the starting point for your reports, you can always save that customized report and use it as a template for further customization. Quicken recently modified some of the default reports so that the column widths are saved along with the other settings when you save the report.

In the case of the drill-down reports you get when you double click on a number in another report, those are based on the default Banking Transaction report. Quicken recently changed that report so that changes to the column widths are saved automatically and used the next time the report is opened. That is a nice improvement, but it would certainly be nice of there was a way to remember other settings of the drill-down report so that each time you select a different number in the main report, you get your customized layout of the drill-down report. It would also be nice if all your settings for the drill-down report were saved when you save the main report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks Jim,

Please Upvote.

Q Win Premier Sub
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@TPerk I have voted for this Idea, but for clarification do you agree with the points I made in my earlier comment?

Also note that there were at least two earlier Idea posts on this topic. Unfortunately they have both been archived, apparently because they did not get enough votes. Anyone who is still in favor of this Idea should vote and comment. The titles of the archived ideas were

QWIN Reports: Default Column Width (13 Merged Votes)

and

Default Report Format (+1 Merged Vote)

QWin Premier subscription
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Jim,

I agree with your comments. I suppose I should clarify that I am referring mostly to the "drill down" reports.

What do you hope to accomplish by posting links to the archived threads? And what is significance of ( XX Merged Votes ) with respect to this thread?

Thanks

Q Win Premier Sub
This discussion has been closed.