Automatically download transactions at Quicken Mac start up

greg.williams
greg.williams Member
edited November 2023 in Product Enhancements

Automatically download transactions at Quicken start up. Other software programs that are similar to Quicken have this feature.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @greg.williams,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭

QUICKEN MODERATORS - Where are we on getting this feature added to the QM Classic product? It's been available on the Windows version since before I was born. Why is development ignoring this request to add the same feature for the Mac?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@Scott Saylor There are several hundred feature requests, many of which exist in Quicken Windows and/or the legacy Quicken Mac 2007, and the small Quicken Mac development team can only work on a few things at a time. It doesn't mean they are ignoring anything; it means they have prioritized working on other features. There are plenty of Ideas which have been around for 5, 6, 7 years which haven't yet been implemented.

I'd note that there was a related feature request to be able to schedule downloads at a user-selected time, such as 6 am, which is available in Quicken Windows, but the developers have marked that feature request as "Not Planned."

We don't know why they've nixed that feature, and I don't know if downloads-upon-startup is different enough that it would receive a different answer from the developers. Download on startup seems like it would be easier to implement and without complications of having a scheduled download time when the computer isn't running or is logged out.

The way these Idea threads on this site work is that they get forwarded to the development team for consideration when they hit a threshold of activity. (For Quicken Mac currently, that threshold is a minimum of 30 votes.) So it will take votes added to this request from fellow Quicken Mac users to get this new feature Idea pushed to the development team.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the response. I published a method to automate this but there are configuration prerequisites that may not be agreeable to some users. Here it is again if anyone wants to five it a try. Although I haven't tried it, another method to accomplish the same thing might be Apple's new (relatively) "SHORTCUT" functionality.