Wells Fargo Reauthorization [Edited]

Options
ArtS
ArtS Member ✭✭

Today I was prompted that Wells Fargo has changed their auto update authorization and that I needed to reauthorize. I went through the reauthorization successfully but was plaqued by Quicken problems afterwards. The process looked different and did not offer a "link account" option like when you add a new account. I was left with two accounts and had to cut and paste my transactions into the new account, sift through everything to verify transactions, fix various transactions that conflicted, check all bill reminders and balances in accounts that were affected by the movement of transfers. It was all extremely time consuming and frustrating. How do I avoid this in the future. It seems to me that when there is just a change in reauthorization there should be no reason to auto create a brand new account in Quicken. Please help.

Comments

• marman
    marman Member ✭✭
    Options

I too experienced this reauthorization issue with Wells Fargo. I ended up restoring from backup. When I tried the update again, it prompted for reauthorization but I said no at this time and it updated as it should have. What is going on?

• ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried chatting with Quicken support but they were clueless of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.