Chase CC-800 errors, two different Chase user IDs.

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Citibank CC-800 Yet Again

Comments

• MLam
    MLam Member

Chase accounts experiencing this issue again, too. We have two family members with separate Chase IDs. Each has individual accounts, but also share accounts. Started earlier this month, possibly following an update. Identical issue: CC-800 error, "accounts were deleted" message, etc. And no success following the prescribed trouble shooting steps. The two Chase IDs appear to be conflicting with each other. Incredibly frustrating and a huge time waster.

• Hello @MLam,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. You mentioned that the two User IDs seem to interfere with each other. Does that mean that the accounts under one User ID will connect and download without issue, but the accounts under the other User ID all throw the CC-800 error (and correcting the CC-800 for that User ID will cause the other User ID to throw the CC-800 error)? If that is not what is happening, could you please provide more information on how the User IDs are interfering with each other?

Are the Chase accounts all in the same Quicken file, or are they in multiple Quicken files? If they are in multiple files, is it the same accounts having issues in each file, or different ones?

When you say the troubleshooting procedure doesn't work, are you referring to the Fix It flow in Quicken, or to the troubleshooting for CC-800 errors in this article?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MLam
    MLam Member

Hello Kristina, thank you for following up. My apologies for not seeing this sooner.

I believe the answer to your first question is, yes. My wife and I have several banking and credit card accounts with Chase Bank. All accounts are jointly held, however Chase issue credit cards accounts to only one primary user. That requires us to maintain two separate User IDs with Chase. Each Chase ID shows all joint banking accounts (checking, savings, etc) but ONLY the credit card(s) accounts for the primary holder. Likewise, each Chase User ID is a unique Quicken download file.

Currently, Quicken Update is set to download only my Chase User ID. That works as it should. I then manually add and track transactions on my wife's credit card account into Quicken. If I enable downloads in Quicken Update for my wife's User Id, it throws the error on all the credit card accounts under my User ID for which I'm the primary holder.

Also, when I enable downloads in Quick for my wife's User ID, my credit cards do not show up in her list of available accounts. So I can't tell Quicken to ignore them in the download process.

Hope this helps.

• Thank you for your reply,

If you have followed the directions in this article on CC-800 errors and the issue persists, then I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they are able to do troubleshooting in real time and escalate the situation as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MLam
    MLam Member

Unfortunately, the steps listed in the article do not resolve this issue. Activating one User ID deactivates any unique banking account in the other User ID. And vice-versa. The sequence of deactivating/reactivating User IDs doesn't appear to impact the issue. The last User ID activated works and disables the other User ID's unique account(s).

This behavior may be something Chase is doing on their end, but I don't have a way to confirm verify that.

I will try contacting your Support team via phone.

This discussion has been closed.