Wells Fargo Migration

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo

Comments

• Bignina910
    Options

I hope I'm not the only one needing help doing this. Where do I start? Sorry I'm old. Account List and edit? If so I don't see a Reauthorize button.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Bignina910,

If you are not seeing a reauthorize prompt, you may not need to reauthorize. The transition to the new connection method affects only those connecting via Express Web Connect (EWC) right now, and it's still in the optional phase, so not everyone will have had the reauthorize prompt pushed to them yet.

If you are connected via Direct Connect, then there is no need to reauthorize, since Direct Connect will still be supported.

To see how your accounts are connected in Quicken, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to check. Click on the Online Services tab. Near the upper left, it will show the financial institution name and how your account is connected.

For more information, please review this article and this Community Post:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Wind_Woman
    Wind_Woman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for all the great instructions (here and elsewhere). And for the new programming to improve things between Quicken and Wells Fargo. I had no issue getting things working, which was great.

However, compared to the process I've been doing for years… i.e. going to my Well Fargo account and having the data downloaded into Quicken (i.e. Bank-to-Quicken, or "BtQ"), I find the data exchange via this new process (Quicken-update-from-WFBank) terrible! With BtQ my Payee Rules work much better and I get download memos, which I find extremely helpful!

For example with RULES —> Take this transaction (as viewed online or on my statement):
    "Purchase authorized on 11/22 Safeway #1123 HR, WA P463xxx9771507784 Card xxx3"
    … with populates Payee with 'Sa', which feels like Quicken has a limit to data being exchanged.

Anyhow, my Christmas wish is that programmers look at the data sent in the 'BtQ' process and replicate that FULL data exchange with this new Quicken-update-from-WFBank revised service.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyhow, my Christmas wish is that programmers look at the data sent in the 'BtQ' process and replicate that FULL data exchange with this new Quicken-update-from-WFBank revised service.

I hope you are directing that wish to the people at Wells Fargo because only they can change this.

The main change with going from Express Web Connect to Express Web Connect + is the protocol that Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) uses to access the financial institution. It is a standardized protocol called FDX, whereas before for Express Web Connect it was just an "agreement" on how to download the data. Since it is now for sure a standardized protocol that means there is a field in the data for the payee and another for the memo that the financial institution needs to put the given information into, and that will be passed along to Quicken. So, only Wells Fargo can put in the information in a form that you like.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cochranej
    Options

After completing this reauthorizing of wells fargo connections, the transactions that are pulling into Quicken only have the first two letters. That is it. It makes the connection process useless because I have to go to wells fargo and sign in to view the transactions so I know who the vendor is and categorize it properly. This needs to be fixed. I don't know if it is wells fargo who needs to fix it or Quicken but this change has made me add more time to my usage of Quicken.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Norma V
    Norma V Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Language]

• PlackardT
    Options

I was having trouble as well and found a fix, so thought I would pass it on. In Chrome, I have a setting to automatically translate Spanish Pages into English with Google translate. My Quicken account is in spanish so when it would open the wells fargo page, it would translate the page into Spanish. When I would try to sign in, the page would tell the the service was unavailable and to try again. I went into the settings of Chrome and disabled the auto translate and it updated just fine. Hope this helps someone else. Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.