Font size for all functions

Options
jacsdad
jacsdad Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Product Enhancements

Within many of the functions within Quicken for Mac, for those of us who are visually challenged, the ability to increase the font size would be highly benifical.

With Checking selected, I went to View > Increase Font Size and this worked but only for Checking.

How can I submit a request to make this setting stick for qall other functions (example: Windows > Category, Budgets, Payees and Rules.

Tagged:
3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• DuckBuck
    DuckBuck Member
    Options

YES!!! PLEASE INCREASE THE FONT SIZE FOR ALL NOT JUST THE REGISTER!!! Everything else remains the size of a 5-6 point font. Changing the font size is only available for the Register. Fonts cannot be changed any other way. Not through the OS. Not through settings. Not with a "ctrl-scroll". Nothing else!!!

I'm looking for another program because of it. Too much eye strain otherwise.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 6
    Options

@DuckBuck Actually, there is a way to increase the size of everything on your screen via the mac Operating System: you can enable a key command to enlarge the screen. Go to System Settings > Accessibility, click on Zoom, and make sure the "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom" checkbox is checked. Now, you can enlarge your screen zoom by pressing Command-Option-Plus, and reduce the screen by pressing Command-Option-Minus. Plus for enlarge, minus for reduce -- it's pretty easy to remember after you use it a few times.

As for being able to selectively increase font sizes in different parts of Quicken, there are several existing Idea threads which I suggest you visit and add your vote for…

This one is to allow font size increases for the left sidebar. It currently has 16 votes and needs to reach 30 votes for the moderators to passed it on to the developers for consideration, so anyone wanting this functionality should click "View Post" and add your vote in the yellow box below the first post.

This one is a long and somewhat wandering Idea post for additional formatting flexibility with Reports — including increasing the font size. I suggest visiting the thread, adding your vote, and adding your comments:

This one is a specific Idea for allowing user control over font size in reports. Even though it and the prior one overlap in part, you should add your vote for this one which iw specific about larger font sizes in reports:

This is another Idea thread which has some overlap but also concerns font control in registers and other screens. Again, even though there is some overlaps among these Ideas, adding your vote for each one, and your comments about what you feel is needed and why, can help, because the developers will likely consider each area of possible change separately:

I don't see any existing Idea topics focused specifically on font control for the ancillary windows (Payee & Rules, Categories, Tags, Actions, Securities). Similarly, although people have complained about the small text size on the budget screen, I don't think there's an existing Idea thread specifically requesting font size control on the budget screens. Anyone can create a new Idea post specifically for those areas of the program if you wish.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DuckBuck Actually, there is a way to increase the size of everything on your screen via the mac Operating System: you can enable a key command to enlarge the screen. Go to System Settings > Accessibility, click on Zoom, and make sure the "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom" checkbox is checked. Now, you can enlarge your screen zoom by pressing Command-Option-Plus, and reduce the screen by pressing Command-Option-Minus. Plus for enlarge, minus for reduce -- it's pretty easy to remember after you use it a few times.

Also, in the macOS Preferences > Accessibility, you can check/turn on "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom:". The default is that you can zoom in and out the entire screen by pressing the CTRL key and scroll your mouse wheel or using two-finger scrolling on a touchpad. I use this extensively! ;-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)