Request to Make Changes to "Save Transaction" Dialog

Options
drew2u
drew2u Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Product Enhancements

This happens a lot but with no discernable pattern: I'll try to exit Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows and will get a dialog (see attachment) that warns me of an unsaved transaction, and it doesn't tell me which register/account nor which transaction, and it appears twice.

The first issue is that I haven't changed anything to warrant the warning. when I choose "DON'T SAVE" it should exit, but … the same dialog appears. Which begs the questions: Is it warning me a second time about the SAME transaction? Or did I have two unsaved transactions somewhere?

I'd like to request that the Quicken engineers modify this alert/warning so that if is needed …

(1) the dialog will show detailed information: tell the user which register/account the "unsaved" transaction is in, and which transaction (payee, amount, etc.) this is about.

(2) Quicken will open and focus on the account/transaction in question

(3) Quicken will not bring this warning up on exit (let alone bring it up twice) when there are no unsaved transactions.

By the way, there's never been any loss of data for me on the numerous occasions I've seen this dialog - when I reopen Quicken I've never seen anything other than what I expected. I would think if this was truly an unsaved transaction and I exited anyway, that I'd notice something wasn't right but everything is what I expect. This seems to me to be a program bug.

(And I'm not going to check the box to bypass the warning JUST IN CASE there is a situation in the future where I inadvertently exited with a truly unsaved transaction.)

I don't know if others have seen this dialog and can share more scenarios when it shows up, but it's been occurring on and off for me for years for me and this morning I finally thought I should report it.

Tagged:
6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @drew2u,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• drew2u
    drew2u Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Quicken Anja, I'd prefer this stay in the ISSUES form so a developer can look at it and fix it. This is a bug in Quicken that generates this notification about an unsaved transaction when there is no unsaved transaction, and it shows it twice. Yes, I included a suggestion that the notification should inform which transaction this is about, but the primary issue is that the pop-up appears twice for no reason.

Thanks.

• drew2u
    drew2u Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just a note as well, because the subject was reworded when this was moved, I want to reiterate I'm only seeing this double-warning when I try to close/exit Quicken. This is definitely a bug… Thanks.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for this because I agree Quicken's failure to identify the transaction often makes responding to that dialog a guessing game.

But then I digested this more recent note. I have never seen a double warning when exiting Quicken. In fact, a double warning "should" be impossible because there can't be more than one most recently changed but unsaved transaction.

Have you Validated your data file? Anything interesting in the validation log?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.