Provide A/P A/R functionality on the Personal side of Quicken for liability accounts

Options

Many people have requested a way to have expense reports more accurately reflect their true spending. Currently, all expenses for credit card accounts are recorded as of the date purchased (Cash accounting), but they are often paid for over many months, especially major expenses. This skews the income/expense monthly and yearly reports.

I suggest that credit accounts be given the functionality used in the A/P account for business. I record all the expenses as of the date purchased, but the payment will be in the form of a bill where the default will be to pay the oldest expenses first, but have the option to select specific items that the payment will be used for.

As an example, if I purchase travel tickets for $10,0000 in January, the A/P credit account will have the vendor payment. However, each month, I pay $500. Thus each month will show a split between interest and principle to my travel account until the credit is paid. Thus. my monthly reports will more accurately reflect my current spending.

I am currently considering using the business side of Quicken for my personal transactions just to get this functionality.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am currently considering using the business side of Quicken for my personal transactions just to get this functionality.

I think you have just given Quicken Inc the incentive to NOT implement this.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/