Token Update Button

Options
cfo175
cfo175 Member
edited December 2023 in Login and Passwords

• PROBLEM
    Hello, seeing this is year-end it seems tokens for various third-party services will be expiring. I ran into this issue with my Interactive Brokers account. I did find the below reference on how to add an account for IBKR. However there does not seems to be a button or place in Quicken to revise the token.
    2. SOLUTION:
    Quicken stopped updating IBKR but really didn't give error code. Went to IBKR website
    and saw that a number of the third-party services had expired. Clicked renew on
    the IBKR website which seems to retain same Query ID but apparently generates a
    new token. Attempted to go thru Quicken's password change dialog for IBKR and
    pasted new token into password field but this did not work. Ended up
    deactivating and reactivating online services for IBKR in Quicken. This then
    prompted me for the Query ID and Token. Entered this info and was able to
    connect.
    3. REQUEST
    Add button to change token w/o deactivating/reactivating online services as this scary for someone with lots of account data. Plus when you do this it seems Quicken oftem defaults to linking the account it finds online with an incorrect existing account (a CitiBank credit card in my case). If someone accepts the default in Quicken they could screw up their data.

4. REFERENCE:

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated