Daily Updating results in frequent adjustments for CapitalOne 360 Checking

Options
ssalava
ssalava Member ✭✭

After giving up on USAA solving this problem after many months last year:

I started moving all of my checking/savings business over to CapitalOne (there were other reasons for me to depart USAA which I won't get into here).

Starting a few weeks ago, when I would reconcile my CapitalOne 360 Checking account after a download/update, there was a $10 adjustment (I download/update Quicken almost daily).

Unlike the USAA problem from 2023, the amount was always $10, usually a deposit/positive but occasionally a charge/negative. Unlike USAA in 2023 which appeared to be systemic confusion over "Pending" charges/deposits, I cannot find any matching $10 charge for my CapitalOne checking account. I would zero these out and categorize them as "Misc." with a Memo annotation of whether it was a charge or deposit. I even overcame my OCD and just let the $10 charge ride as Misc. and the $10 adjustment continued despite that.

This all lstarted in around Christmas in December and has continued every few days. It also happened twice on my CapitalOne credit card in that same timeframe but hasn't since.

I do have a few known/scheduled monthly transactions in the amount of $10.00 but I have reconciled those as not being the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this phenomena or is it just me? Perhaps it is Karma (Gal 6:7-9) and I should have given that street beggar $10? 😏

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ssalava,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. In your Quicken, is the Capital One account a new account (as in newly created when you moved the account from USAA to Capital One), or is it the USAA account, just renamed and connected to Capital One now? Do these $10 adjustments balance each other out (fairly even between adding $10 and taking $10 away)? You mentioned that there are $10 transactions that don't seem to be connected to this issue. Are there any duplicate or missing transactions that may account for it? When you reconcile, are you reconciling against the online balance, or are you reconciling against the statement balance? If you are reconciling against the online balance, and it sees a discrepancy that it wants do adjust, are you double checking against the Capital One website to see if the online balance in Quicken is reflecting correctly?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.