Non-Home Currency Transactions Incorporate Contemporary Exchange Rate to Home Currency

Options

I have USD accounts that are not in my home currency (GBP) which when I produce custom reports gives a reported value of the original Non-Home currency value.

I suggest that Quicken has a field within each transaction that records the latest currency exchange rate known to Quicken for that currency (the currency type taken from the register in the transaction is recorded) and displays it within the register as a user updatable field. The reporting module should be able (at the User's option) to use this transaction exchange rate to produce reports that only report values in the home currency

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which country version of Quicken do you use? And which actual year / version of Quicken? (See Help / About Quicken)

AFAIK, only the Canadian version of Quicken has a Currency Exchange Rate history feature. The US version currently does not bother with it.

• rismanma
    rismanma Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I wish the U.S. version had exchange rate histories, and the ability to apply them based on the transaction date.

This is a major flaw in how currencies work in Quicken, in my opinion