NO CONNECTION TO USAA

Options

Using Q-Classic/Premier, Win 11 on PC. New USAA credit card was activated online at USAA but cannot connect/download those transactions into Quicken. Quicken shows connect/sign in with USAA ID and Password, but no web page to sign in, so no connection to USAA. Deactivated USAA checking account to test and now I cannot connect/download that account also. I have 4 other USAA accounts that are working [Edited - Readability]

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @snearman_22,

To clarify the issue, are you getting this screen when trying to connect (see sample image below), but no web page comes up when you click the Sign In button?

If that is what is happening, then you may want to check if you have any settings on your computer that would block the web page from coming up. If you already have your browser open, you may want to check if a new tab opened to get logged in.

If that isn't what is happening, then please post a screenshot of what you're seeing (with personal information redacted) so that we can better assist.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it is. When I click contine, It trys to sign to USAA FSB for a few minutes (circle going around) until shows failed.

I don't get the login form ID & password request. Activation states failed & and try again. Help

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Also I can login to USAA on another tab without a problem.

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

I STILL THE SAME PROBLEM: I uninstalled my security app (Bitdefender), rebooted a couple of times but still could not link accounts to USAA thru web connection. Activate One step Update to set up USAA Online but Quicken just holds for a few minutes then times out. This problem appears after R53.26 or R53.32 when I tried to add a new USAA account. Can I roll these back?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend temporarily setting a different web browser as your default browser, and see if you're able to connect.

If you want to try rolling back to an earlier version of Quicken, to test if that corrects the issue, you can use this article to download previous Quicken patches.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have acc-800 problem with USAA. Using q-classic/premier, win 11 on del pc. New USAA credit card was activated online at USAA but can not connect/download those transactions INTO QUICKEN. QUICKEN SHOWES CONNECT/SIGN IN WITH USAA ID AND PASSWORD BUT NO WEB PAGE TO SIGN IN SO NO CONNECTION TO USAA. DEACTIVATED USAA CHECKING ACCOUNT TO TEST AND NOW I CANNOT CONECT/DOWNLOAD THAT ACCOUNT EITHER. I HAVE 4 OTHER USAA ACCOUNTS THAT ARE WORKING.

I uninstalled my security app (Bitdefender), rebooted a couple of times but still could not link accounts to USAA thru web connection. Activate One step Update to set up USAA Online but Quicken just holds for a few minutes then times out. This does not solve the problem.

PROBLEM NOT FIXED: I’m trying to fix USAA connect on a joint family member credit card account. When update is s performed, Quicken gives CC-800 error then deactivates the member 2 accounts. If I select Fix to connect member 2 account, and it will work for member 2 but will deactivate member 1. If I select FIX and set up member 1, Quicken deactivates member 2.

I sent support my info (from Quicken help tab) 3 days ago but no response. I guess I'l need to do it again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

When you report an issue through Help>Report a Problem, you will not get a response. These reports are reviewed daily to track multiple reports of the same trending issues and/or for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. When multiple reports of the same issue are received, those reports are also investigated further. Reports that can be replicated or verified are then submitted as tickets to the proper channels.

If you want to report the issue and get a response, you would need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Ameinj
    Ameinj Member ✭✭
    Options

I get this error immediately.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ameinj,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Does this happen when trying to add a new account, reconnect an account that was previously connected and working, or update a connected account? Does this happen only with USAA?

If you are adding/reconnecting an account, does a web browser come up at all? Which web browser do you use? Do you have the same issue if you temporarily set a different browser as your default browser?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Using Edge browser on Win 11 PC, but will try a different one. My trying to reconnect existing USAA accounts that have been on Q for years. I believe the problem is our joint account. If I reconnect under my name Q loses connection to my wife’s USAA accounts. If I reconnect her accounts, my accounts are disconnected.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @snearman_22,

The issue you describe can be caused by a couple different things. If you are authorized users on each other's accounts, then when reconnecting accounts under one User ID, make sure that on the Add/Link screen in Quicken, it shows Don't add to Quicken for the accounts under the other User ID.

The reason for this is that Authorized Users often do not have permissions from the financial institution to download into 3rd party apps, like Quicken, which would cause the accounts to get disconnected.

The other possible cause of the issue is sometimes the financial institution sees that you already have one token issued for Quicken, so when you go through the process to connect under the other User ID, it revokes the earlier token and issues a new one, causing the accounts under the previously connected User ID to get disconnected.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• raftorres63
    raftorres63 Member ✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

same issue with me except now none of my USAA accounts are linked to the bank.. All of them are disconnected.

I get in the Chrome browser this error message "{ "error": "invalid_request",

"error_description": "Validation error"

}

• snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    Options

this is still contcontinuing for me….USAA & Quicken need to fix this now!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Did you try the troubleshooting I posted earlier? If you did and it didn't correct the issue, then I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since they have access to tools we can't access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.