New Vanguard Account - Can't Set Up

I'm trying to set up a new account to download transactions from Vanguard. On the setup page I search for Vanguard and it is displayed. I click on the institution and get an error message that says "Quicken is having trouble loading the page. Please click reload to try again." Doing that has no effect; the error message just keeps displaying. I have no idea how to get past this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Randy Schmidt,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Randy Schmidt
    Randy Schmidt Member ✭✭

These are the steps I take: Go to Tools/Account List. Select Vanguard Account and click on Edit. Select Online Services. Click "Set up Now." Then the above dialog boxes and error messages are displayed. I can't get Quicken to find Vanguard, even though it's one of the institutions listed!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Randy Schmidt,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Randy Schmidt
    Randy Schmidt Member ✭✭

No luck. I'm just dropping this. Selecting the Vanguard icon should simply work but instead I get the "We're having trouble loading the page" error.

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24

+1 on this issue.

I often have to Deactivate/Activate my Vanguard 401(k). It has a bad habit of refusing to download transactions and the only way I have been able to get them to download is through this process.

When I did this today, I received the same screen as OP and message "Quicken is having Trouble Loading the Page". It got so bad that it messed up my data file. Quicken Support was very thorough in triage of the issue with my data file and it is now working again.

They are aware of this issue with connecting to Vanguard. They said that it should be resolved within 48 hours - not later than 7 PM - on 2/25.

In the meantime, I will do the normal (and very frequently used) workaround of downloading the transactions from Vanguard in a .QFX file and load them into Quicken.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

This discussion has been closed.