Allow locking persistent "As Of" date in Portfolio while working with multiple investment accounts

Options
jacobs
jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

In an investment account Portfolio screen, I can change the "As Of" date from the default of today's date to view the portfolio as of any prior date, such as the last date of the prior month or year. But if I switch to a different investment account, the As Of date again defaults to today's date. And if I switch back to the first account, it to defaults back to today's date. What is needed is a way to set an As Of date and lock that date to apply to all investment accounts until turned off or until the next time Quicken is launched. I envision this as possibly having a simple "Lock" checkbox next to the As Of date.

For example: when I get month-end statements from one of my brokerages where I have five accounts, I want to check those statements against the holdings and market value of each account in Quicken. Currently, each time I switch to another account, I have to re-set the As Of date to the end of the prior month. Sometimes I need to switch back and forth between accounts, such as when checking to see if a transfer transaction exists properly in both accounts, and each time I switch from one account to the other and back again, I have to re-set the As Of date to the end of the prior month. What I need is a way to tell Quicken "I'm working on my investments as of this date" and have that date stick as I switch between accounts.

I envision this would only be persistent during the current Quicken session (that is, quitting and relaunching Quicken would restore the As Of date to the current date for all accounts). Ideally, if this "date lock" could be implemented as a simple checkbox next to the As Of date, then a user could turn it off simply by unchecking the box in any account.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Yield Chaser
    Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
    Options

In addition to this, there should be a lock option on the View in Portfolio.

If you select Portfolio > Value by Security and switch to a different account, it switches to Performance > By Security.

It seems logical that if you are looking at one viewin one account, you likely want to look at the same view in another account.