Will not download transactions from bank

1st problem, I have 7 accounts at Fulton Bank, Quicken will not download the transactions. I download data from bank site and try to import, and it will not download that way either. I open with notepad and can see the transactions, but Quicken will not download them. I contact wonderful Quicken support and they connect to my computer and have me create a new account and download, to see if it will download the transactions. It works. They tell me I have to create a new Quicken file because my old one does not work. I told them that is not a solution, becuase now I lost 11 years of data, they don't care because it it time to go home and tell me to call in earlier the next time.

2nd problem, I created a new Quicken file, downloaded all the transactions from my bank, it worked great for an ENTIRE week. Now I cannot download transactions again. So… do I have to make a new Quicken file every week because they cannot be bothered to fix their ****?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In FIDIR.txt, which lists all of the Participating Financial Institutions, there are multiple entries for "Fulton Bank"

SO, when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT adjacent to the account name, what shows as the "Financial Institution"?

re: issue 2: Are you getting any error messages or codes? Where is your Q data file stored? Are you using any automated backup, such as OneDrive, to backup your file?

And, actually, if this were a widespread issue, this forum would be lit up with complaints. SO, this sounds more like your particular issue than anything that Q can fix.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tperachio
    tperachio Member

I also am having the same problems with downloading transactions from Fulton Bank

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer the same questions that I previously asked.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jeffko467
    jeffko467 Member ✭✭

Fulton Bank Web Connect

No error messages at all. No codes. No indication that it isn't working.

C:\Users\hp\Documents\Quicken

I am using OneDrive to back up a OneDrive folder. I am not backing up C:\Users\hp\Documents\Quicken because Quicken told me I am not allowed to. … but that solution did not fix the issue either.

Nothing has been changed for well over 2 years on this computer, but now Quicken doesn't work… Sounds like they are the problem, again, like usual. Deactivating accounts and reactivating accounts doesn't fix it, like they have told me is the "fix" in the past.

• jeffko467
    jeffko467 Member ✭✭

Have you found a solution? Quicken doesn't seem to be concerned. I guess it is time to look for another software.

• jeffko467
    jeffko467 Member ✭✭

Anyone figure this out yet? I created a new data file and tried to start fresh. That didn't work either, only some of the transactions downloaded, there were several that show on the banks site, but do not import to Quicken.

• Hello @jeffko467,

I sent you a direct message. Please check your inbox (the envelope icon near the upper right).

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.