Unable to access USAA account transactions using Chrome browser

Options

This information was posted a year ago and its the same exact problem I am having now.

Quicken is forcing me to reauthorize my USAA connection which has been working great for a year. Now, when I click on the link within Quicken to reauthorize, it pops a Chrome browser window, which provides in plain text
{
"error": "invalid_request",
"error_description": "Validation error"
}

USAA Tech Support point the finger back at Quicken - saying the request they are sending is malformed. I have seen this referenced on other Forum posts but no fix from Intuit. From looking at the Community blog, it appears that the request from Quicken to the USAA API is malformed, and thus errors out. If I put in a properly formatted request it will take me to the USAA auth screens - but since the token I am using is not generated by Quicken, it doesn't loop back and update my authorization within Quicken.

The URL Quicken is calling is:
https://api.usaa.com/auth/oauth/authorize?scope=usaa.profile.member.read+usaa.bank.aggregation.read&response_type=code&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fpartnerauth.platform.intuit.com%2Fexternal_partner%2Fusaa%2Fcallback&client_id=13b3cf5a-ffb9-4f9e-bdfd-5c255155538d&code_challenge=INTUIT_challenge&code_challenge_method=plain&state=awb.f493489e-9990-43db-b32f-99c36ea2542a

I changed my default browser from Chrome to Edge and it worked.

What changed in Quicken to disable this? Please make the corrections and provide a patch.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @raftorres63,

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly by phone or chat for further assistance as this issue will likely require an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.