System Member admin
edited March 29 in Reports
5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What I want is for the register report columns to be sticky. I almost never care what account the transaction is in because the transactions I'm reporting on are almost always in the same account. I'd like to set a default column in the edit preferences area.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

That would be a separate IDEA. And do you mean the register view when you search or do you mean a generated report? It appears you mean the latter, but just want to be sure.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I right click on a transaction in the register, one option for payee is, "Payment Made to…" or when I click on the category in that transaction one option is, "Amount Spent on…". That's what I'm talking about. I posted that question/idea some time ago, and it got merged here. Somebody made a comment, I got an email, so I restated my original request.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It may have been merged into another idea, but after reviewing this thread, I do not see it here.

Nevertheless, thanks for confirming that what you seem to be referring to what some of us old-timer users call Quick Reports (as to how this was named in QM2007). I'll try to have a moderator split this into a new idea, as it does not appear to exist presently.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK Thanks. Sorry for any confusion. That account column started showing up in the last few update, and it made the reports much wider. That just increased my interest in a change.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I hate having the enable the Memo/Notes could every time I generate a “Report on…” report from a register, so I support this feature request to be able to define the format we want for such reports.

I will also add to this request the similar (identical?) reports generated by drilling down on items in the Home Dashboard. For example: clicking on the expense category in the “Spending by Category” dashboard card.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I support this idea but note that I would first like to see consistency of columns in the registry and then consistency of the columns in the reports.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This Idea request deals with columns in "quick" reports, but there are other areas where Quicken Mac is inconsistent in whether the Memo/Notes column is or is not included when a new report is created. If this is of interest to you, please visit this other Idea thread to add your vote and comments seeking consistency and the ability to have the option to have Memo/Notes included in all reports:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993