Download transactions are backward. Expenses showing as deposits instead of a payment.

Options

I can see that one of the accounts is showing at least some payments as deposits, is there a way to switch this?

Answers

• Rafikiro
    Rafikiro Member
    Options

Well fix a group of transactions rather than having to go through each of the thousand of these that are wrong?

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What kind of account? Are they actually showing up in the wrong column or is the balance just going the wrong way?

If the balance is going down maybe it is a negative balance that is Decreasing.  Maybe you have a credit balance instead of a positive balance.  Like if you are overdrawn.  Is the balance in Red or Black?  Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the charge column or a charge in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.  Or maybe you are missing some charges?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Rafikiro
    Rafikiro Member
    Options

Its the whole account. Entire thing is backwards.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But is it a checking account or credit card account, etc? And you didn't answer my question about the columns. Are you showing just the Amount and Balance columns or also the Deposit and Payment columns?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

as asked - an important question -
    HOW is the Quicken Account defined - and WHAT is it in the real world ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rafikiro
    Rafikiro Member
    Options

My last response was input before it told me someone had responded. Seems this is a credit card marked as checking and Quicken evidently is dumb in that I wasnt given the option of what type of account it was at set up as it just asks for company and log in and does it itself and then you cant change it after? I now see all the credit cards are this way. If that is correct then I guess its back to just doing it myself and no renew for me. Dumb programing I guess.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

is there only one card that has this problem? Oh… you said ALL -

What exact bank name is setup for these Quicken Accounts ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10