Transfers and Categories

Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in
If I have a transfer from Checking to a Credit Card account, I cannot indicate a Category.  How can I indicate a category?  Please advise.Joe

Comments

• jepollardjepollard Member
    edited August 2016
    > If I have a transfer from Checking to a Credit Card> account, I cannot indicate a Category.  How can I> indicate a category?  As you have already noted, you can't. Why do you want to do this?--John PollardPlease post questions in the forums, not via email.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    > If I have a transfer from Checking to a Credit Card> account, I cannot indicate a Category.  How can I> indicate a category?  Please advise.> > JoeHi Joe,   It isn't a Transfer, but an EFT transaction. With an EFT Transaction, you can indicate a Category other than your Credit Card Account.thecreator
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > It isn't a Transfer, but an EFT transaction. With> ith an EFT Transaction, you can indicate a Category> other than your Credit Card Account.> thecreatorThis makes even less sense than the original poster's question.Joe, the category properly belongs on the credit card transaction. Transfers cannot have categories.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    > > It isn't a Transfer, but an EFT transaction. With> > ith an EFT Transaction, you can indicate a> Category> > other than your Credit Card Account.> > thecreator> > This makes even less sense than the original poster's> question.> > Joe, the category properly belongs on the credit card> transaction. Transfers cannot have categories.RLW,   You are correct about EFT Transactions. However, I think that the original poster isn't tracking individual transactions with a Credit Card Account inside of Quicken, but only a Checking Account, thou, I could be wrong, since I am not there.Individual Transactions within a Credit Card Register inside of Quicken is where the Categories come into play.thecreator