One Step Update Not working for Web Connect

JamesJames Member
edited January 25 in
For the last several days the One-Step update has failed for Web-Connect accounts and given the error the Quicken is aware and working on the issue.  I discovered using the "account settings" button and updating each account works.  Is there any information when the One-Step process will work again?

Comments

• HapyTTHapyTT Member
    edited July 2016
    I too have been experiencing this error for approximatley 4-5 days.    Are they working on a solution?   Since I'm not seeing much outcry, is this outage not widespread?
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser
    edited January 25
    Quicken Windows Premier 2019
    Windows 10 Pro 1809
  • HapyTTHapyTT Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm accessing Bank of America and Capital One.   It was working fine until 4-5 days ago.   Since then, the message acknowledges that it is an error on Quicken's part, they are aware of it, working on it and will address it 'soon'.  grrrrr
  • BumbleBeeBumbleBee Member
    edited July 2016
    Me too! It's been several days now and I have many transactions out in limbo from Christmas purchases. I can see them by logging in to each bank but need them to all come down! Quicken! Let us know something please!
  • dougmeeksdougmeeks Member
    edited July 2016
    Same problem here about 70% of my One Step updates are not working with that same error message, if they are working on it looks like the are damn slow to fix it.
  • PO101PO101 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm having the same problem here with Wachovia. I've been to the bank and they state that it's with Quicken.
    Get this fixed people!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HapyTTHapyTT Member
    edited July 2016
    Interesting - today my Capitol One Account updated - but Bank of America is still not working.      When I bought this product, the reviews were not good.  I've been using Quickbooks Online for my business and am very satisfied with that, so I ignored the reviews.   Given the length of time this fix is taking, I'm starting to get the feeling they were right.
  • noloadnoload Member
    edited July 2016
    Add Citizens Bank to the growing list. I can't use direct connect. First noticed it Christmas eve. The bank points the finger at Quicken. According to the bank tech support its a Quicken for mac issue not Quicken for windows.
    edited July 2016
    It must be everyone...I'm a windows user and have had this problem for many days. What's up Quicken?
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser
    edited January 25
    Just curious.

Has anyone contacted Quicken at https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/live.php?interface_id=3
    and ask what is going on.
    If so, what did they say?
    Quicken Windows Premier 2019
    Windows 10 Pro 1809
    edited July 2016
    Success! One-step update just worked without errors, 7 financial institutions all downloaded fine with no problems. Maybe they've fixed the problem!
  • JonWJonW Member
    edited July 2016
    Well folks you have got a lot further than I did, I converted fro MS Money (as a Christmas present) and haven't been able to bet to BofA.  Other financial institutions work OK and despite several generic helpdesk responces, I hadn't got any message confirming it was a problem there were working on.  This does not create a good first impression....
  • Quicken MitchQuicken Mitch Member
    edited August 2016
    We do not have reports of a general outage at this time.  If you are experiencing an issue connecting to your financial institution after trying 3-4 times over the course of 1-2 days, please contact support.
  • RandyD123RandyD123 Member
    edited July 2016

We do not have reports of a general outage at this time.  If you are experiencing an issue connecting to your financial institution after trying 3-4 times over the course of 1-2 days, please contact support.

This is the single biggest problem with Quicken, and the reason I will not ever buy it again. NONE of these download problems existed in MS Money.

It seems that something as simple as downloading transactions would be a TOP PRIORITY and a basic function of Quicken. If Quicken can't even get this right, how do they plan on getting anything else right?
  • afdoyleafdoyle Member
    edited July 2016
    I just spent 4+ hours with the chat support.  The fix was absolutely ridiculous & leaves me furious.  Before I contacted the chat support, I tried for over 2 hours to fix myself, including downloading the most current 'patch' for 2010. We ended up 1) making a copy of the data file, 2) validating the file.... and then this is where it gets wierd....  3) removing the one step update / or any online capability in the "online services" tab in the Account Details screen for EACH!!! account, 4) removing the NAME of the financial instution from EACH!!! accounts "general information" tab of the Accounts Details screen, 5) closing Quicken to refresh it, 6) go back into Quicken and then re-enter the financial institution (using the new drop down bar) 7) selecting 'online set up" AGAIN in the Online Services tab, 8) following the instructions for each online set up, entering passwords, etc and 9) downloading all of the transactions.  Of course, other things in 2010 have changed from what they were before, but how will you know what they are???? It's left me enraged.  Plus, Quicken didn't offer to help or compensate me in any way for the lost time (at least 7 hours) and my rage & frustration.  As such, I had to post here & in their customer support to prevent others from the same headaches I had.    Good luck to you all!!!