My cds update daily, though they're deselected in the download manager

Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in
We recently put part of our portfolio into certificates of deposit and bonds.  Each time Quicken One Step Update downloads transactions, I get a daily price for these investments.  I don't want or need this info.  Am just interested in their maturity dates and interest yield.I've gone into the quotes tab on the update manager and deselected the securities I don't need daily data on, but I get it with each download anyway.Anyone know what else I can try?

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The prices are coming directly from your financial institution, not from Quicken's quote server. To stop this from happening, you'd need to deactivate downloading for the account containing the CDs.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    This account is a mix of cds, bonds, and stock market investments.  I'll try separating out the fixed-income portion into a separate account and eliminating downloads.thanks for the suggestion
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > I'll try separating out the fixed-income portion into> a separate account and eliminating downloads.I'm reading this to say that you will create a fictional Quicken account for fixed income and continue downloading your stock market securities' quotes into your "real" account.Allow me to caution you that this may not work smoothly. The FI will still send your "Holdings" - including the now-missing CDs - in each download. You will then have a discrepancy which Quicken will notice and offer to "correct" with placeholder transactions.To really separate this the way you want, you'd need an actual second account at the FI for the fixed income securities.IMHO, it's more trouble than it's worth. Why worry about the valuations of your CDs? In a rising interest rate environment, your bonds and brokered CDs will generally show less than face value until they mature. I look at this as showing me my true net worth, namely how many dollars I'd have if I sold the securities today.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.