How can I set Quicken so that it updates ALL my cleared transactions?

Kris10GHKris10GH Member
edited January 27 in
When I update with my bank, Quicken does not include ALL the cleared items. For example, on 6/29 I checked my  bank account online and saw that several items cleared on 6/28, but Quicken does not show them after the update. Those cleared items won't show up until 6/30. My older version of Quicken did not lag a day behind. Is there a setting for a date preference or something else I can do to make my updates be truly up-to-date?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    This is not a Quicken issue, it is the way FI process their transactions and make available for download.  There is always a lag over a weekend as FI do not post transactions on Sat or Sun and depending on when purchases were made (after 5 PM).  Pending transaction will never be downloaded.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Kris10GHKris10GH Member
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:

This is not a Quicken issue, it is the way FI process their transactions and make available for download.  There is always a lag over a weekend as FI do not post transactions on Sat or Sun and depending on when purchases were made (after 5 PM).  Pending transaction will never be downloaded.

I am not talking about pending transactions.  Cleared transactions are always a day behind in Quicken--not just on Mondays.
    edited December 2016
    GeoffG said:

You need to review the time set for Quicken to update with your FI.  My bank lists posted transactions at 6:00AM that do not update until 8:00AM.  There seems to be some delay with the Intuit servers that I did not experience with my previously acquired bank.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Kris10GHKris10GH Member
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:

How do I review the time set for Quicken to update? Is that something I can reset? If so, how?
    edited December 2016
    GeoffG said:

My answer is assuming you are using scheduled updates.  If you are using update now at different times during the day and still can't update all transactions, I don't have an answer.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Any account that is downloaded using Express Web Connect can have the transactions delayed as much as 24 hours.
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Any account that is downloaded using Express Web Connect can have the transactions delayed as much as 24 hours.

I had the same problem. Then when I put in the to-from date of the transactions I wanted, I'd always include tomorrows date, not todays as the ending date. This fixed my problem