Bug Report - Alerts for Minimum Balance are Incorrect

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in
It appears that the Alerts for Minimum Balances that you can set up to display on the Home Page have an issue. I have a few accounts where I transfer money into them and those accounts are then used to pay larger bills. I only transfer the money into those accounts the day before the bills are paid. Thus, starting about a week before the bill is paid, Quicken starts telling me that I will go below my minimum balance when the bill is paid in a weeks time. This alert does not seem to take into account any transfers into the account as part of the account balance projection. It is obviously taking into account a scheduled transfer of funds out of the account in computing the upcoming balance, but is not taking into account a transfer of funds into the account.

- Merg

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just curious ... are the "transfer money into the account" - transactions set up as scheduled transactions or do you create them ad hoc? And these transactions are properly categorized with the destination account name in [square brackets]?
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes. I have scheduled transactions for the transfers and it uses the correct names for the account names.

- Merg
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Merg,
    next question ... are you on Quicken 2011 at release level R8 or another version of Quicken?

You might want to talk to Quicken Support about this issue.
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I am on Quicken 2011 H&B R8.

I also just noticed that it is telling me that I will go below my minimum in my checking account as it is not taking into consideration my upcoming paycheck deposit that is scheduled. If that scheduled deposit does not happen, I will be below my minimum, but it is scheduled.

- Merg
    edited March 2017
    Well, I upgraded to Q2012 H&B R2 and am still seeing the same issue. I have a scheduled transfer into an account that then has a scheduled bill the next day for the same amount, but it is still warning me that I will go below $0.

- Merg
    edited March 2017
    Okay, here's something interesting that I've discovered reference this issue. The account in question I am getting the Alerts for is specified as a Cash account. When you go into the Alert Center and click the Setup tab, it does not list Cash accounts as those that you can set a Minimum Balance Alert.

So that begs the question, where is it seeing this Minimum Balance for the Cash account or is it that since I have Minimum Balance Alerts turned on, it will automatically alert you on any account that will go below $0?

- Merg