Payee List .....

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in
This is a stupid question, because I know I am just not seeing it...

Is there an easy way to see all the Payees that are currently in Quicken? I know that I can go to Reports and select Spending - Itemized Payees or Spending - Income and Expense by Payee, but then I need to customize it to see All Dates, All Accounts, All Payees. I know that under Tools you can see all the Categories or the Memorized or Online Payees. I'm just looking for a way to pull up all Payees and then I can rename, merge or delete as needed.

Thanks,
Merg

Comments

• Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    but then I need to customize it to see All Dates, All Accounts, All Payees.

Not really. All you need to do is select include all dates as the default then includes all.

Another way is to sort the All Tansactions register (top of account bar) by payee. Then from there you can click on a payee field, and enter ctl-F to do your replacing.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Bob L said:

Not really. All you need to do is select include all dates as the default then includes all.

Another way is to sort the All Tansactions register (top of account bar) by payee. Then from there you can click on a payee field, and enter ctl-F to do your replacing.

Except the report does not include Hidden Accounts by default.

As for the All Transactions Register, you then see EVERY transaction so each Payee is could be listed multiple times.

What I like to do every now and then is go through my payees and find spelling errors or ones that I named slightliy differently and fix those (e.g. WalMart vs. Wal-Mart). By having a straight list of Payees, that makes it very easy.

- Merg
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob L said:

Points taken.  What you want is a sorted list of unique payee names.  You may want to suggest that over here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quicken

Otherwise, customizing a report (and saving it) is the best option I know of.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Bob L said:

Already did! :)

I am actually very surprised that Quicken does not have that already.

- Merg
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I don't think any new report is needed.

Reports > Banking > Transactions

Select All Dates.
    Subtotal by Payee.
    Choose "Totals Only".
    Select "Show hidden accounts", then "Select All". Do the same for any other "hidden" choices like categories, tags, securities.

Save the resulting report. Either run it from your Saved Reports, or put an icon on your Quicken Toolbar to run it.

Note: this will not guarantee to list all payees in Quicken. Just those payees that have transactions in Quicken at the time you run the report.