2/14/11 - mutual fund navs - prices updated over weekend

ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in
for my quicken 2009 dlx - there appears to be something weird with the mutual fund navs & dates since abour 2/14/11.

The normal function for navs is to update the price at the end of the day - and the screens will show "est" until that happens.  Of course, there is no updating over the weekend.

NOW - it appears - if you go and look at your mutual fund details and the "update price" listing, that the nav/price is getting updated for "the next day" during the week when you are near midnight.  The nav shown is just the a dup of the current day... not actually a new price.

NOW - over the weekend - like today Saturday at 11am cst - the mutual fund navsa are all updates vs having the "est" shown - and the pricing is merely a dup of the previous day.

Something is wring with the pricing creation software, as it appears to be grabbing a real time date stamp vs using the date stamp when the actual nav/price was obtained.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I hadn't seen this until today. I updated prices this morning around 9am pacific. For some of my mutual funds, I got yesterday's price close, high, and low downloaded to both yesterday's date and today. The particular mutual funds are in my 401(k) account where I do not download transactions, so I believe the erroneous prices are coming from the price update not any of my FIs.

I am using Q2011 Premier R7 on Win 7 professional 64 bit. I'll monitor for a bit to see what happens in the next several days.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm sporadically seeing the same thing beginning this week.  I run a daily morning update and some mutual fund security prices are listing showing today's date (this is before the market opens, though) and some do not.  In cases where this is happening, I have to delete the price - it won't get corrected the next day and will remain wrong indefinitely.  I noticed this when I started seeing random examples of a mutual fund showing two sequential days, both with exactly the same prices (and these are cases where the fund NAV's DID change).

This only appears to happen with mutual funds, never with my stocks or ETF's.  And it's inconsistent.  One day a fund updates fine, the next day that same fund may exhibit the problem.  

I don't think file corruption is an issue because I'm using three separate Quicken Accounts (three separate QDF files) for various accounts that I manage.  All of them exhibit this trait.  All do so only sporadically.    All accounts were created at 3 different points in time - one more than a decade ago, one 3 years ago, one last month.  

I am using Quicken 2011 Premier, Release 7.  This problem seems to have just started for me this week.  Although I have noticed a related phenomenon that another poster cited - mutual fund prices dated on Saturdays, showing same price as Friday.  At least that issue causes no balance problems though.

Is anybody else experiencing this?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I'm sporadically seeing the same thing beginning this week.  I run a daily morning update and some mutual fund security prices are listing showing today's date (this is before the market opens, though) and some do not.  In cases where this is happening, I have to delete the price - it won't get corrected the next day and will remain wrong indefinitely.  I noticed this when I started seeing random examples of a mutual fund showing two sequential days, both with exactly the same prices (and these are cases where the fund NAV's DID change).

This only appears to happen with mutual funds, never with my stocks or ETF's.  And it's inconsistent.  One day a fund updates fine, the next day that same fund may exhibit the problem.  

I don't think file corruption is an issue because I'm using three separate Quicken Accounts (three separate QDF files) for various accounts that I manage.  All of them exhibit this trait.  All do so only sporadically.    All accounts were created at 3 different points in time - one more than a decade ago, one 3 years ago, one last month.  

I am using Quicken 2011 Premier, Release 7.  This problem seems to have just started for me this week.  Although I have noticed a related phenomenon that another poster cited - mutual fund prices dated on Saturdays, showing same price as Friday.  At least that issue causes no balance problems though.

Thanks!

RickDetroit:  This has been occuring for close to a month now - sporadically as you see.  
    https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_full/ajZVTCqROr4jIxacfAralO/portfolio-prices-update-to-tomorrow-s-date?ppid=127878160
    There are other comments out there as well and thread in the Inner Circle.

Intuit is aware of this and working to rectify the data with their data supplier.
  • hey dudehey dude Member
    edited July 2016

Thanks!

I updated to Quicken 2011 Deluxe a couple of months ago.   I was able to update mutual funds with One-Step Update as in the past until yesterday when it stopped updating 2 Vanguard mutual funds and simply inserts "0" as the value.  I also cannot manually update the value.  I have seen other comments on similar situations that are not the same.

When I use Quicken Help, it provides instructions to use menu choices that do not exist under "Edit" "Preferences" "Automatic Updates".  The "Automatic Updates" choice does not exist.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hey hey dude, check this post in the announcements section:

https://qlc.intuit.com/announcements/156194
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list