Home

changing username on an account in the vault

MelhayesMelhayes Member
edited January 2019 in
I am trying to change the USERNAME of an account that is set up in the vault. I can't seem to find this option - any ideas?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Usernames cannot be changed, only passwords in the Password Vault.  The username is tied to the account.

To change, you need to go to the Account List and edit the Customer ID.  If this is an online account, you may impact your ability to download transactions.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • javajonjavajon Member
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:

Usernames cannot be changed, only passwords in the Password Vault.  The username is tied to the account.

To change, you need to go to the Account List and edit the Customer ID.  If this is an online account, you may impact your ability to download transactions.

I changed my usernames with my banks (on the banking side).  I am using "one step update" in order to download transactions (not for bill pay).  Now I need to change the usernames with "one step update" in quicken.  I am looking at the Customer ID under account details but it won't let me change it.... It is greyed out.

Any ideas?
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You generally can't change such fields while the account is activated (or "connected") for downloading.  See the Online Services tab in the Edit Account Details dialog to deactivate/remove from OSU.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Open each account register associated with the financial institution and this username/Customer ID:
    Select "Edit Account Details" (or Ctrl + Shift + E).
    Select "Online Services" tab.
    Select "Remove One Step Update".
    At this point you can select the "General" tab and edit the fields but it isn't necessary unless you need to change the name of the financial institution.

After you have removed "One Step Update" from each of the account registers associated with the financial institution and this username/Customer ID, when you activate one of the account registers for One Step Update you should be able to provide the new username/Customer ID and link the accounts Quicken finds at the financial institution to the existing account registers.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10