500 customer limit for Printing Statements

Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek ✭✭✭✭✭SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in
Has anyone run into the 500 customer limit when trying to Print a Statement? When I select Print Statement, I get a popup saying, "Limit of 500 customers exceeded. Please restrict the number of transactions viewed." I have tried filtering the view so I have only uncleared tranactions but still  get the same message. I also can't choose the customer from the list since Quicken only shows the first 500 customers. I have over 1200 customers in my Address Book.  TAI,  Greg
Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Update! According to Intuit, you cannot have more than 500 transactions with unique customer names in an Invoice account. As a workaround, you need to create separate Invoice accounts (IE: Customer Invoices 2007, Customer Invoices 2008...) for each year. Now if I could just move multiple transactions it would be easy to fix.GregPS. It might be fixed in Quicken 2010. I don't think I'll hold my breath.
  • DenisBDenisB Member
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Update! According to Intuit, you cannot have more than 500 transactions with unique customer...">i Now if I could just move multiple transactions it would be easy to fix.

Wouldn't CTRL and/or SHIFT click work to select the desired transactions followed by a Right Click and Move transactions?
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Now if I could just move multiple transactions it would be easy to fix.&#32_Wouldn't..."

Not in the Customer Invoice account. Multiple transactions are highlighted but only the last selected transaction moves. I tried both 2007 & 2008. I have also come to find out that it doesn't make any difference how many Invoice accounts you have, once you pass 500 invoices with unique customer names, you can't create statements.
    Greg
  • q_lurkerq_lurker ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Not in the Customer Invoice account. Multiple transactions are highlighted but only the last..."

Greg:_ Just a thought here._ Since the Copy File process actually eliminates the deleted records from the fileset instead of leaving them in place tagged as deleted, you might try that step as part of your get-back-under-500 process. HTH
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Greg:_ Just a thought here._ Since the Copy File process actually eliminates the deleted..."

Thanks for your suggestion but I don't want to delete my Invoices (and Payments) to get under the limit. I'm still working with the Quicken Escalation Team on the problem.
    Greg
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Thanks for your suggestion but I don't want to delete my Invoices (and Payments)..."I don't think q.lurker wants you to delete your invoices and payments.What he is conveying is that if you had previously deleted some invoices and/or payments, then reentered them in Quicken...Quicken still holds a "place" in the database for that deleted transaction (counting it towards the 500 limit).By FILE  COPY, Quicken reindexes its database, thus eliminating the deleted transactions and MAY get you under the 500 limit that way.1 It's worth a try, but of course, backup before you attempt.2 I think it's ludicrous to have a "Business" version that is limited to 500 transactions._ That's not much of a business version, IMHO._ They need to create a fix ASAP.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: I don't think q.lurker wants you to delete your invoices and payments. What he..."

The limit as I read the OP is 500 customers, not 500 invoices or transactions. That is not a ludicrous limit IMO for a personal finance software package. That (opinion) and 3.95 will get you a cup of coffee - someplace.
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: The limit as I read the OP is 500 customers, not 500 invoices or..."
    Why would Quicken limit it's H&amp_B version to 500 customers?The obvious answer is to get users to upgrade to the way more expensive QuickBooks.That's why!I still don't see the rationale to having a limit for ANY number of customers._ And if there is a limit, why doesn't Quicken make that limitation visible somewhere in the packaging or within Q H&amp_B?I still think it's ludicrous, whether you like my opinion, my $3.95, a cup of coffee...or whatever._ It's still just plain stupid.And, if Quicken is "personal" finance software, as you (and Quicken) states, then why even bother having a "Business" version, albeit with_limited functionality?_ It doesn't make sense to me, aside from the revenue production for making you upgrade to QuickBooks.
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Why would Quicken limit it's H&B version to 500 customers? The obvious answer is..."

Let me try to explain the problem a little better. You can have more than 500 customers in the Address Book. You CANNOT have more then 500 Invoices with UNIQUE Customer Names no matter how many Customer Invoice accounts you have. Here's the answer from Intuit's keyword 1478:

"When there are more than 500 invoices in the customer invoice account, and you try to print the statement of a newly-entered invoice, you cannot find the customer in the list.This can happen if the number of invoices in the customer invoice account exceeds the program limit of 500 customers. Your options are to:Create a new customer invoice account, or Upgrade to QuickBooks software, which is designed to handle this."

Creating a new Customer Invoice account doesn't work. I was told by the Quicken Escalation team that a small business would never have more then 500 customers. They need to get into the real world. I've been in business since 7/1/2003 as a Sole Proprietor and have over 1200 customers in my Address Book and generated over 2600 Invoices.As gmalis1 suspected, I also think Intuit just wants to sell another copy of QuickBooks. Intuit has become the Microsoft of the financial software world.
    Greg
  • Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Let me try to explain the problem a little better. You can have more..."

Except Microsoft's programs get better over time instead of worse and they don't make Internet Explorer quit working after 3 years.
    edited February 2017
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Except Microsoft's programs get better over time instead of worse and they don't make..."I don't consider Vista to be an improvement over XP.Greg
  • iiimafiiimaf Member
    edited August 2016
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Except Microsoft's programs get better over time instead of worse and they don't make..." AlmondFarmer: "Except Microsoft's programs get better over time instead of worse and they don't make Internet Explorer quit working after 3 years."

IE keeps working, but Microsoft Money has basically the same 3 year sunset policy that Quicken has and if you think Office 2007 is better than 2003, I believe you have a minority opinion.
  • Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: AlmondFarmer: "Except Microsoft's programs get better over time instead of worse and they don't..."Maybe I should have said Microsoft makes nonnegative progress._ I think Office 2007 just has the menus rearranged._ It's supposed to be easier if you never used Office before and worse if you were very familiar with previous versions of Office._ I think XP and Vista are much better than Windows 98._ By comparison, I think Quicken is a little buggy and not improving, possibly getting a little worse.
  • edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

Quote:" 500 customer limit for Printing Statements: Not in the Customer Invoice account. Multiple transactions are highlighted but only the last..."

Greg:_ Just a thought here._ Since the Copy File process actually eliminates the deleted records from the fileset instead of leaving them in place tagged as deleted, you might try that step as part of your get-back-under-500 process. HTH

I tried this and inactive customers still show in the drop-down list.
  • edited July 2016
    When I started using invoices, I had customers set up with first name last name. I decided to change them to last name, first name so I updated all customers and the invoices that I had already created. I cannot get the first name last name customers off the list even though they have no invoices associated with them. This puts me over the 500 customer limit even though I have 315 active customers. Any ideas on how to get rid of these customers?