BillMinder Showing Old Alerts

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in
When BillMinder opens up, in the Calendar Notes and Messages section, it displays minimum balance alerts from accounts that have had all funds withdrawn and are closed. The date listed for the alert is the day that I had closed out the account. It is doing this for 4 specific accounts and in some cases the date listed is back in 2003. How do I get the note section of BillMinder to clear out these old alerts?

Thanks,
Merg

Comments

• ChandanaChandana Member
    edited March 2017
    You can navigate to Tools-Alerts Center in Quicken and in 'Show All' section delete the alert that you don't want to see again (OR) if you want to completely disable minimum balance alerts, navigate to Tools-Alert Center-Setup tab, Uncheck the 'Account min balances' flag under Banking section.

Hope this helps.
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Chandana said:

You can navigate to Tools-Alerts Center in Quicken and in 'Show All' section delete the alert that you don't want to see again (OR) if you want to completely disable minimum balance alerts, navigate to Tools-Alert Center-Setup tab, Uncheck the 'Account min balances' flag under Banking section.

Hope this helps.

The problem is that in Quicken, I don't see these old alerts. I only see them in the BillMinder app.

- Merg
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Billminder shows reminders for every Quicken file you open. So if you've ever created another Quicken file, or opened a backup ... Billminder got reminders from those files.

To clear Billminder: with Quicken not running, locate the Windows file QW.RMD; delete it (or rename it).  The next time you exit from Quicken, it should recreate QW.RMD with reminders from the file you have open at the time.
    edited July 2016

Billminder shows reminders for every Quicken file you open. So if you've ever created another Quicken file, or opened a backup ... Billminder got reminders from those files.

To clear Billminder: with Quicken not running, locate the Windows file QW.RMD; delete it (or rename it).  The next time you exit from Quicken, it should recreate QW.RMD with reminders from the file you have open at the time.

NoWayJose,

I had already tried that. The BillMinder Calendar blanked out as expected, but when the file was rebuilt, those old alerts were still present in BillMinder. They are not present in the Alert window in Quicken.

- Merg
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steps you've already tried should be included in your original question.

Here's a long shot you can try:

Turn off the "Savings Goals" alert in Quicken. Exit Quicken and note whether the unwanted alert is still in Billminder.

If not, run Quicken, and turn on that alert type, then exit to see if the unwanted alert appears.

If the unwanted alert appears at any point; try running a Validate with the alert on and another with the alert off; then check Billminder again. I'd make a copy of my Quicken data and run the validates on that; if the end result is good, I'd make the validated copy my regular data file.
    edited July 2016

Steps you've already tried should be included in your original question.

Here's a long shot you can try:

Turn off the "Savings Goals" alert in Quicken. Exit Quicken and note whether the unwanted alert is still in Billminder.

If not, run Quicken, and turn on that alert type, then exit to see if the unwanted alert appears.

If the unwanted alert appears at any point; try running a Validate with the alert on and another with the alert off; then check Billminder again. I'd make a copy of my Quicken data and run the validates on that; if the end result is good, I'd make the validated copy my regular data file.

I had tried the deletion of the RMD file after I had posted my initial post.

As for the type of alert, this is a Minimum Balance Alert that is popping up for these accounts. The old alerts in question are from 4 checking/savings accounts that have been closed (and zeroed) out since at least 2009. I'll give your suggestion a try, but will try with turning off the Minimum Balance Alert instead.

- Merg
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Merg,

I noticed Quicken creates a folder for each Quicken file in this directory on my Win 7 laptop:

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersIntuitQuickenInet

I create a lot of test files, so I have a ton of folders in that Inet directory. I deleted the test .QDF files a couple weeks back, but the folders in the Inet directory remain.

I wonder if there is anything in those Inet folders that would populate Bill Minder? Or if there is some other left over location that Bill Minder is pulling data from? Maybe a clean reinstall would clear up your Bill Minder issue?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited July 2016
    mshiggins said:

Merg,

I noticed Quicken creates a folder for each Quicken file in this directory on my Win 7 laptop:

I create a lot of test files, so I have a ton of folders in that Inet directory. I deleted the test .QDF files a couple weeks back, but the folders in the Inet directory remain.

I wonder if there is anything in those Inet folders that would populate Bill Minder? Or if there is some other left over location that Bill Minder is pulling data from? Maybe a clean reinstall would clear up your Bill Minder issue?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the Inet folder that might relate to the Alerts for me.

- Merg
  • FranLeighFranLeigh Member
    edited July 2016
    mshiggins said:

Merg,

I've had this same problem for a couple of years. Tried removing/renaming the RMD file and the problem remained... always 5 past date accounts in "calendar notes and messages" (nothing past due in Quicken). Yesterday I followed the suggestions above (validation process)... nothing happened until I went to (in Quicken) Bills, selected Bill and Income Reminders and deleted one of the Bill Reminders for one of the past date accounts. That cleared ALL past date reminders in Calendar Notes and Messages. Today I added a Bill Reminder to replace the reminder I deleted (giving it a date of 12/31/2012 as I don't use that account). So far so good. Just one line in Calendar Notes and Messages (with today's date). All bills paid so nothing appearing in top portion under Scheduled Bill and Deposits.
  • cbpamcbpam Member
    edited July 2016
    Rename the "old files" for which you're getting alerts that you don't want.

example: if you're getting alerts for "quicken 2011" go to the folder containing that old file and rename it to "old quicken 2011"

do this for all files showing unwanted alerts.

in my computer the files are in: " documents - quicken - backup "

in your computer it may be in a different place; if so - copy the name exactly then search for the file from the start menu - then rename the file