I use a BofA business CC which has the card account and a CORP acct. which is paid. The CORP acct d

patrickpatrick Member
edited October 2018 in

Comments

• patrickpatrick Member
    edited July 2016
    The CC acct. Does not down load transactions.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You have written lots of facts, but I don't see a question anywhere in your post. Use reply at right to respond with more info in the form of a question.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• patrickpatrick Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry Splasher.  My CC card acct. doesn't show transactions when downloaded.  The CORP acct associated with CC does but doesn't itemize.  I need to Itemize the CORP acct money?
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Sorry, we still need more details.  What is the problem?
  • patrickpatrick Member
    edited July 2016
    The CC acct. does not download transactions.
  • dbAnalystdbAnalyst Member
    edited July 2016
    Repeating a prior message does NOT constitute "more details".  EXACTLY what are you doing, step by step?  What's the bank?  How are you doing the download?

As an aside, H&B is intended for users where the person(s) and the business are a single tax entity (usually a sole proprietorship or a individual with a DBA). .  It would appear that CORP is a different tax entity than you personally ... and thus should be in it's own Q data file.

db
  • patrickpatrick Member
    edited July 2016
    I am a single owner LLC.  You don't think not being able to itemize you CC acct. is not a problem.  Once again my CC acct. does not down load itemized transactions.  That is my problem.  I use a business CC for my business.  My bank sets up a CORP acct and CC acct for my business card.  The CC acct. transfers balances to CORP acct monthly and the CORP acct is paid.  I think my problem has something to do with business CC accts.  Does any one have a business card acct with BofA?  If you do not know what I am talking about don't respond.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    " If you do not know what I am talking about don't respond".

You've got that backwards: it is your responsibility to make your problem description clear enough so that others - not having the exact same problem, and unable to see what you see - can understand what you're talking about. I found your problem description basically unusable.

When you have problems downloading, you need to include (at a minimum):
    1.) The name of the financial institution exactly as it appears in Quicken
    2.) The download (or "connection") method, which is one of: Direct Connect, Web Connect, or Express Web Connect. One place to get that info is in the "Transaction Download" column in the Quicken Account List.
    3.) The real-world account type (in Quicken terms) - such as "checking" or "credit card".
    4.) Any error numbers and error messages you may see.
    5.) Steps you have already taken to discover the source of the problem, and correct it. In your specific case, for example, have you talked to BofA about this problem? Do they provide downloads for that specific account? Do you or they, have to do something special to get that account to download?

And, as a general rule for posting about Quicken: use exact Quicken terms whenever possible.
  • dbAnalystdbAnalyst Member
    edited July 2016
    "I am a single owner LLC.  You don't think not being able to itemize you CC acct. is not a problem."

OK, let's take the 2 sentences separately.  
    1) The LLC should be in a separate file from your personal data.  It's a separate tax entity with it's own Tax ID.
    2) No one has said that it is not a problem.  What we've said, again and again, is that you haven't provided enough info for anyone to work with.  We're not mind-readers, we're other Q users, like yourself, who are trying to help.  But you're not giving us anything to go on.

db
  • patrickpatrick Member
    edited July 2016
    I only have my business acct. on Quicken 2013. I use web connect.  I have 3 acct. with BofA  business checking, business cc acct. and corp acct (which is tied to cc acct.)  They all are recognized and updated.  There are no error messages.  My CC acct just doesn't show any transactions and CORP just shows balance and payment transactions.  I have manually downloaded cc acct. from my bank website and I get the transactions but they show unpaid so they double up my balance.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If you use Web Connect (or Direct Connect) to download, your financial institution is 100% responsible for the contents of the download. If you're not getting any transactions downloaded, or you're getting duplicate transactions downloaded: you need to check with the financial institution.

It's possible that transactions are in your Quicken accounts; but "hidden", or not where you expect to see them.

Insure that your Quicken account is sorted by ascending transaction date (click on the "Date" heading; clicking a second time will reverse the sort); and that you have not filtered out any transactions (such as "Deposits") - see the 3 dropdowns at the top of the Quicken register.

Finally, when you see downloaded transactions in the "Accept transactions into register" window, make sure that any transaction given a "New" status is really new; and that any transaction given a "Match" status is really a match, and it is matched to the correct register transaction. You can manually modify the Status, and which register transaction is matched.

[If you do not see the "Accept transactions into register" window below your transaction register, go to: Edit > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions and remove the check mark from the two boxes for automatically adding transactions to registers. Also see the Online Services tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account and make sure "Automatic entry" is "Off".]