can't change credit card account number

MikeMike Member
edited February 2018 in
Running Quicken 2013 Deluxe (R12) on Windows 7/64-SP1

I recently had the account number for one of my credit card accounts change.

Every time Quicken attempts to download transactions, it notices a problem
and ...

When I attempt to change the account number for the Quicken account I am
able to disable online update. I then manually change the account number.
I then attempt to reenable online update. Quicken then reports a new account
but only allows for "savings" or "checking" account types. I am not able to
mark the account as "credit" so I cannot match this with the old account.

How do I get Quicken to recognize and associate the new account number
with the old account?

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What happens if you leave the account number and customer-id fields blank, then initiate the Activate process?

[Also: does the financial institution offer more than one download method? Where the options are: Direct Connect, Web Connect, and Express Web Connect. What is the download method for the "new" account? You should post the name of the fi.]
  • MikeMike Member
    edited July 2016

What happens if you leave the account number and customer-id fields blank, then initiate the Activate process?

[Also: does the financial institution offer more than one download method? Where the options are: Direct Connect, Web Connect, and Express Web Connect. What is the download method for the "new" account? You should post the name of the fi.]

no luck - reports unknown account type and then offers choices by drop down menu, checking or savings - no option for credit card.
  • MikeMike Member
    edited July 2016
    Found no bogus accounts but did find one blank category.  Deleted that and then ran file validation.  3 separate "duplicate category" messages.  Manual inspection of category list did not reveal the problem.  Ran super-validate and got the same results, 3 duplicate categories.  Guess that I will have to call in to Intuit support on Monday.  Still get the "unknown type" message when trying to connect account for online access.  And I now notice the same connect problem with another account.  !@#$

Thanks for the helpful reference.
  • MikeMike Member
    edited February 2017
    After a number of attempts, Quicken Support was finally able to address the issue.
    On three separate occasions (each a couple of weeks after the last) they walked me
    through the process of deleting a null category and then trying to setup online access.
    In each case the process failed (account type was not recognized) and I was asked
    to send in (via email) the Quicken online access logs. The first support session was
    via telephone support. The next two were via chat support.

On the fourth attempt (third chat support session) the same procedure was successful.
    Not sure how or why (no intervening Quicken updates) but the problem was resolved
    and I was able to setup online update for all accounts that had failed previously.