Holding information disappears

john_beaumontjohn_beaumont Member
edited October 2018 in

The pull down menu for holdings goes blank and none of my data appears. I have reloaded Quicken 2015, and restored from earlier saved versions with no success.

One of my saved versions actually showed the information that I needed, but when I backed the file up the data was missing again.

Comments

• edited October 2018

This issue has been reported to product development on QW-3813 to see if they can resolve it in a future release of the program. To ensure that you get the patches when they're made available, be sure to update your Quicken at least once per week (One Step Update) or Help > Get Update in Quicken.
  • john_beaumontjohn_beaumont Member
    edited July 2016

This issue has been reported to product development on QW-3813 to see if they can resolve it in a future release of the program. To ensure that you get the patches when they're made available, be sure to update your Quicken at least once per week (One Step Update) or Help > Get Update in Quicken.

I updated the program with the assumption that it would function properly in the present, not with the hope that it might work some time in the future. I find this situation totally unacceptable.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Then return Q2015 for a refund (assuming that you purchased within the last 60 days) and go back to your prior product.  That, and waiting it out, are your only 2 options.
    Here's the refund process: http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-faq-how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-quicken-what-if-i-bought-the-wrong-version
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

As a workaround I recommend using the Portfolio view under the Investing tab.

Select "Group by: Account" in the view so that your holdings are displayed separately for each individual account.
    You may have to customize the view so that all / only the desired accounts are selected. You can also arrange the order in which the accounts appear in the list.