emergency records organizer is referred to as an "ancient file". No doubt this is true. It is incapa

quickstartquickstart Member
edited January 25 in

However for users like myself and no doubt many others, we began to use it to store data many years ago. It is incapable of printing one record at a time. Intuit thinks it is not worth the trouble to fix it.The work done to manually convert to an alternative organizer is out of the question. If Quicken does not want to support this "ancient file", how about providing a utility to port it to a more "modern file" and organizer. Quicken users starting to use the ERO many years ago in good faith and Quicken needs to fulfill it's obligation to them for many years of purchasing their product.

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Suggestions, enhancement requests and complaints are taken at: https://www.research.net/s/QuickenFeedback
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Intuit has no obligation, whatsoever, to continue any product.  Just as Ford Motor Co had no obligation to continue the Model T.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    [mention://86491 @quickstart] what makes you think you can't print an ERO record?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • quickstartquickstart Member
    edited July 2016
    Try print only one record and whole category prints. Bit of a problem if their are tens of records in a category.
    edited July 2016
    Quicken has obligation because product was faulty from get-go. Ever hear of Ford recall fixes?
  • ronhall42ronhall42 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What's wrong with exporting to the .txt file and printing only what  you want?
    edited July 2016
    Thanks, please explain how, My search of the Internet tells me the database used in ERO is an arcane European format and no converter exists. Intuit must have known this when they included the ERO. If export were available I would export the whole ERO.
    In fact, if such a utility existed I would purchase it. However, because the data people keep in the ERO is generally confidential, one would like the confidence that Intuit was behind it.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    [mention://86491 @quickstart] I'm not following. What one record do you want to print?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    You can export a report as a .txt file.

Open ERO click on the Report tab - pick the report you want by using the down arrow - then click on the "Export" button to export a .txt

Note: on the attachment the "Export' looks like it is not positioned properly is because for some reason this module does not like wide screen monitors ( 1920 x 1080)

I am using Q2015 Premier

Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    [mention://86491 @quickstart] IF it's that faulty, why did you keep using it, and become dependent upon it???
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ronhall42ronhall42 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @quickstart jl747 has it.  I also use Q15